mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Delano »

Tigerbitch is a killer !
jorgeds
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jorgeds »

This is the perfect example of how a solid and killer record should be.

Keep up the good work Butane, your label is hot!

Besos,
George
momo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by momo »

daaaamn this is a killer release :!: :shock:

butane & someone else are going to smash the dance floor with this one! :twisted:

fuckin awesome! 8)
.:macedonian mnml underground:.
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

hey guys,

thanks for all the warm words and support!!!

it's a great collection of techno artists, and I couldn't be happier with the way the record turned out.

rock on!!!
Jose Cabrera
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jose Cabrera »

I Love you, i need you....
else
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by else »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:this release is pretty good. Way better than the first alphahouse record.

Although to be honest, I think Someone Else needs to slow down on the productions so he doesn't saturate himself too much. It's all good stuff but it would be a shame for him to play himself out too quickly.
to be honest, i don't care if i oversaturate the market. i know what you mean, and i've seen this happen to many producers recently. but honestly, i don't care if this happens to me. i am going to continue to "saturate" the market. i am not in this for politics, and i can't allow myself to care too much about what people think. if you think it's too much now, wait until a few months when a lot of the other stuff that i did comes out. so my point is...i do this for a living. lucky fo me, this is now my full-time career. sure, maybe it might help me financially to slow down on the productions if i am going to think about the long-term. but i am not going to do that. i am only going to think about the short-term. (afterall, who knows how much time i will have to do this anyway with crazy george bush in power and wars at hand, or the possible recline of the minimal scene's hype.) i love producing, so i will continue to do it every day. if the market is oversaturated, then that's fine with me. and afterall, this scene is very small. remember, only a tiny handful of people in the world actually hear what i do. so technically, it would be impossible to oversaturate the market aside from our own tiny minimal scene. and that's fine with me. i just want to make music and live my life. fck the politics, and fck the business plans. i make druggy music, and that's all. (:
adjunct
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adjunct »

right on brother! well put. with you on that one! lets have as much fun as possible while we can!
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

else wrote:to be honest, i don't care if i oversaturate the market. i know what you mean, and i've seen this happen to many producers recently. but honestly, i don't care if this happens to me. i am going to continue to "saturate" the market. i am not in this for politics, and i can't allow myself to care too much about what people think. if you think it's too much now, wait until a few months when a lot of the other stuff that i did comes out. so my point is...i do this for a living. lucky fo me, this is now my full-time career. sure, maybe it might help me financially to slow down on the productions if i am going to think about the long-term. but i am not going to do that. i am only going to think about the short-term. (afterall, who knows how much time i will have to do this anyway with crazy george bush in power and wars at hand, or the possible recline of the minimal scene's hype.) i love producing, so i will continue to do it every day. if the market is oversaturated, then that's fine with me. and afterall, this scene is very small. remember, only a tiny handful of people in the world actually hear what i do. so technically, it would be impossible to oversaturate the market aside from our own tiny minimal scene. and that's fine with me. i just want to make music and live my life. fck the politics, and fck the business plans. i make druggy music, and that's all. (:
As long as you know and are aware that is your choice and decision to make. The reason I said what i said didn't have political or financial reasons behind it. Over time, producers who saturate the market quickly with their music often burn themselves out in general. They find the music they once loved to make and play isn't as appealing to them anymore. You may claim you're different and this doesn't apply to you, but I promise this happens to everyone who chooses this strategy with their music. Also, what I meant was that you would saturate mainly the minimal scene.

When all is said and done, and you either quit first or the music kind of kills itself to a degree, what legacy will you leave behind? Will you be known as a talented producer who had some great records and a lot of mediocre efforts, or someone who is incredibly passionate and released only his best works? It's understandable to want to produce music everyday and let the world hear it. I'm in the same boat. The problem is, with time people's opinions on a producer change. Right now they might say like I did, "Wow, Someone Else on Nummer. Bad ass!" and grab it up. 6 months from now if you put out a record or two every other week, somebody might say, "Okay, the 3rd S.E. record for the month. It might be worth picking up." People won't be as excited to hear your work, is that what you want?

Just the other day, a very well known producer was talking to me he and said, "if I could take back 80% of the records I put out I would." He had the exact same attitude you did, but after close to 10 years of doing this professionally he finally realized it catches up with you.

If you still feel the same way about it after considering all of this, then you certainly know what you want (for now). 2006 will be your year, enjoy it.