References for mixing

- ask away
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

Phase Ghost wrote:Lately, I've been recording a track I'm working and mix it with other tunes to get a feel of what needs worked on. Obviously, you'll need cdj's or serato or some sh!t to do this (omni control + traktor in my case).

I'll usually put a soft limiter on the master to bring the levels up first. It's nice because you get good feedback on what needs to done. Especially in the bass department.
+1 for mixing in a tune in traktor from another you like....really opens your eyes.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

Please delete it
Last edited by Luis Isaac on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

Better if you can play your track in the middle of a party and see how people reacts.. you never know how people is going to react and in the other hand I know the sound in a big Soundsystem is unpredictable. Is there anybody who would like to play my tracks in a big gig, invite me and tell me how people answer to them? :P

Playing your track with traktor in the middle of good stuff is a good idea. Thanks!
graham
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by graham »

Direkt wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: Event monitors really are a piece of sh!t!
+1
**cough** umm

::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Well the old TR series and 20/20's. I haven't heard the Opals yet.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the opels are a bit ugly.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

I think it really depends on what kind of sound are u trying to achieve. And also for me it doesnt make sense to compare ur tracks to commercial cds because u dont have the access to that hundred dollars studio anyway. So my advice is to stick to 3-4 artists rom the scene you are into and go from there.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

blizt wrote:I think it really depends on what kind of sound are u trying to achieve. And also for me it doesnt make sense to compare ur tracks to commercial cds because u dont have the access to that hundred dollars studio anyway. So my advice is to stick to 3-4 artists rom the scene you are into and go from there.
So true, If there's anybody capable to reack Lady Gaga sound with a home studio raise one's hand ;) (I think that's impossible)