- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

optX wrote:
tone-def wrote:
dubgil2 wrote:
tone-def wrote:anyone want to buy a desktop evolver for their first synth?
what don't you like about it
it's too much for what i need. i only really use it for bass so i might as well sell it and buy a simple 1 VCO analog synth.
my first piece of hardware was an Evolver! I were often thinking of selling it, but everytime I play around with it it`s just awesome fun. Evolver Outs into Jomox M-Resonator`s Ins can get very interesting =)

So I think I`ll never sell my Evolver, it's a source for very good sounds and makes a lot of fun!
yeah it's good but it's just not me. i wasn't planning on keeping it long anyway.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Yamaha CS1x. My dad uses it now, I think it has like one nice organ sound in it, the rest is carbage. Useless filter, heavily compressed horrible samples, bad keyboard. I used to make whole tracks with it though, sequencing from a computer. God I was stupid back then.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

I got myself a MachineDrum and am currently testing a Monomachine to see if it can fit my workflow.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

I just got a jomox mBrane a few weeks ago. Loving it!
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

Yamaha DX200 was my first purchase ever. I miss that little box, actually. I was jealous of a coworkers MC-909 at the time, but that little box was pretty awesome.
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

Phurniture wrote:First purchase as a Roland Juno-106 in 1996.

Also had an 808 which I regrettably parted with. Same thing with a LinnDrum! What was I thinking?
wow...
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Mine was a Novation X-Station, the 49 key version.

I still use it quite a lot, I guess it's just a generic VA synth so it can cover all the standard bass and lead duties, and I still discover an interesting option or technique occasionally. No longer using the built-in interface, got something with more ins/outs recently. It's good as a MIDI keyboard too.

I actually dislike the size of it, I'm sure I'd get by with the 25 key version, much more portable. In fact I reckon at some point I might sell it and replace it with a smaller keyboard and one of these small synths like a Mopho or something (or a smaller synth with built-in keyboard!)

Only bit of production hardware I've got since is my Machinedrum, love it.

I'd love more hardware, just to try out various things if nothing else (particularly to see what all the analogue fuss is about) but at the moment I have other priorities financially, and I'm getting by fine with what I've got.
mikkroTronik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mikkroTronik »

my first hardware was a korg mono/poly, a great analogue synth :) then came a couple of 303s (mid 90s acid era)