mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

Hehe, nice :lol:
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

shypht wrote:Global Warming can result in more extreme weather trends (hotter summers, colder winters), but a general trend in warming overall.

The Winter in Toronto has been rather un-winter like also. Only a handful of days where we had snow, a few really cold-snaps - but all around not that cold, or snowy.

Saw this image on reddit awhile ago that made me chuckle

Well, as a biologist and statistician, i would say: screw this graph, if this is just non-statistical prediction, you can't trust it at all. I don't like the use of means, confidence intervals are much more illustrative.

I do think humans have an effect on global warming. Fact is that, in the light of the future increase in living conditions in countries such as India or China, really the only non-scientific soulution to the problem is extreme birth control in the Third World countries. Ethical issues aside, it's the only way I think...

BUT, I've read some interesting views about an economist who states humans will find a way, always. And I'm actually not as optimistical as him, but it's true that with the past 30 years having an unbelievable increase in technical knowledge, that probably in 50 years humans will have found a way...
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Well, the graph was more a 'poke at fun' at people who say Global Warming cant possibly exist due to colder-weather in some parts of the country/world.

The world does go through cycles of warming/cooling naturally, but I do think that humans are having an impact on things also. But, even if humans had zero-impact on Global Warming, I still think that trying to be more environmentally friendly is a good idea.

I find it odd how some people that deny humans impact on Global Warming seem to think that it negates any reason to try and be more environmentally conscious. Like clean healthy water, sustainability, etc don't matter.