apc 40 or the UC 33???

- ask away
thelabproject
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thelabproject »

Great help, cheers guys. think im going for the uc 33e. and need to buy ableton, try and get it on the education price...dont think the risk of running a shared version is worth it??
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

love my UC-33 - great little controller and perfect for my needs - since i got a Launchpad to acompany the UC i have found my perfect controller combination :)
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
thelabproject
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thelabproject »

fragment wrote:love my UC-33 - great little controller and perfect for my needs - since i got a Launchpad to acompany the UC i have found my perfect controller combination :)
Which launchpad did you go for?? the one ableton released will be good, but your paying for a load of things on it that the uc already has! want just a straight launch pad...
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

sherman wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:
thelabproject wrote:still deciding, and with christmas fast approaching need to make a decision! couple more questions that have me pondering...

With the UC 33, could you live without a launch pad?? if so, what would be the alternative, using the mouse as a controller around ableton?

Cheers
yes.
You can map the assignable buttons to the Scene Up / Down buttons in Live, and have one for each channel's 'play selected clip' button. Especially if you are only using 2-4 channels, you've got enough there to work with. That basically gets me mouseless with my setup (albeit not a uc33e). HTH
i've had some problems with this on mine...somtimes you have to press the button twice, sometimes not... just inconsistent really. but the knobs and faders work just fine. ive had mine for about 4 years and the usb jack on the back is pretty touchy, but it still works ok!
i'll probably get a launchpad once i upgrade my ableton one of these days...
armandoxxx
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by armandoxxx »

fragment wrote:love my UC-33 - great little controller and perfect for my needs - since i got a Launchpad to acompany the UC i have found my perfect controller combination :)
I got me the same setup ... can you please help me with something... I have both connected to Ableton live 8, but when ever I press keys on launch pad, UC becomes unresponsive, unless I lift one of the channel faders to the top and back down ... would really appreciate if you could tell me ;)

kind regards

Armando