in need of quality dj bag / crate on wheels...

- open
Mreddie Fercury
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mreddie Fercury »

patrick bateman wrote:Who is selling them in EU now a days?

...i dont know man......i buy it from one dealer in croatia....
and yes its prety expensive....i payed her 250eur.
but as u said its best drunk dj friend,u can put few botles of vodka ;)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

What size bags are people taking on planes? I always take my records with me on the plane so I guess ill need to stick with one of the smaller ones right?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:What size bags are people taking on planes? I always take my records with me on the plane so I guess ill need to stick with one of the smaller ones right?
Check the specific airline, is my best advice.
Also these general rules can be helpful.
General Luggage Policies

Note that when maximum size measurements are shown as a total number of inches (eg 45") this is the total of the length, width and height of the piece. There are standard sets of dimensions that go to make up these totals (for example, 22 x 14 x 9 is the standard for 45") and if you have a bag that is an unusual shape but still within the total number of inches, you may find it being rejected.

Is Your Carry-On Bag Legal?

Many luggage stores sell suitcases described as 'carry-on', but these suitcases are sometimes larger than the size most airlines will accept.

The safe maximum size is 45", in the form of a 22" x 14" x 9" bag. Some airlines allow up to as much as 55", but most do not.

Not only do luggage stores and manufacturers seldom tell you if their bag is legally sized or not, but they also frequently mis-measure their bag. Their measurements generally are for the inside of the main compartment, and assume that any external pockets are of zero thickness, rather than stuffed full of things (which can easily add another inch or more) and ignore any external framing such as wheels and carry handle (which can also add another couple of inches).

If you should be very unlucky and find yourself forced to try and squeeze your carry-on into an unforgiving luggage template by the gate, even one extra inch - if your bag is already at the maximum - will be enough to mean it doesn't fit and you have to check the bag.
Often I'm not forced to have my carry on bag checked, but have been a problem a few times, and then you're quite fucked.
Klaus Von Sound
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Klaus Von Sound »

I found a bag from UDG called the "Creator Wheeled Midi Controller" thats very similar to magma one:

It even has rims!
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

*sigh*...did no one pay any attention to what i was asking for in the first post? i'm glad you're finding all these other bags that aren't even remotely close to my requirements or request.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Marvid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Marvid »

First link to decks in this thread wasn't your bag, but I think this one is:
http://www.decks.de/decks-sess/workfloo ... ode=bs7-te
139,90€ ... 117,56€ excluding tax + 22,90/19,24€ shipping
Would add to ~201$ excluding tax.
120$ shipping at Juno is just a typo i guess?
Klaus Von Sound
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Klaus Von Sound »

cloutier wrote:*sigh*...did no one pay any attention to what i was asking for in the first post? i'm glad you're finding all these other bags that aren't even remotely close to my requirements or request.
cloutier wrote:
i'm in love with the above bag because it has everything i want - storage for about 30 records, my laptop could fit in it (i have a 15.4" screen lenovo), all the serato gear will fit along with headphones and such, its padded nicely, and its on nice wheels with a good telescoping handle, and it looks like it could fit in the overhead of most planes.
Isnt the UDG bag I just posted what you wanted? I have a friend thats going to germany this month and told him to bring back a few magma bags. So when he gets them, I can PM you more info if you want.