Imac upgrade after years of PC related misfortune

- ask away
Menno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Menno »

mac rules, also worked on a pc for long time...
god i hate windows :D
Caeraphym
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Caeraphym »

LOL @ this thread :roll:

Logic is the only reason I'd buy a Mac, but I'd rather build a super spec'd out Hackintosh and save myself a pretty penny or two to spend on more worthy instruments and substances.

I will admit that Apple do make some sublimely sexy looking machines, but for that alone find it hard to justify the price especially since they moved to Intel x86 architecture.

@OP: After 15years on m$ based OS or Linux, off the shelf machines, or custom built beasts honed to the task in hand? In my experience I find that people who fall in love with Macs saying they hate PCs usually didn't have a clue how use/repair/upgrade/maintain a PC, or even consider dual-booting with OSX.

Sorry if this is wrong, I mean it in the kindest possible way, oh and enjoy your Mac.
JEZMONDO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JEZMONDO »

Yes I have to say that in this case that you are completely wrong. I am someone who stuck with PCs for over a decade and eventually got enough experience and support to build my own machines so I am not completely useless. I really did persevere with windows music making software and came to the conclusion that I was spending more time fixing my machine/software incompatabilities with the usual poor customer support that usually ended up blaming the other software being used. I dont need any more instruments as I own plenty hardware and Native instruments stuff. Also no interest in dual boot I am using ableton on my mac now and hey presto it seems to work for once. Oh I mean this in the kindes tpossible way enjoy spending countless hours building machines, fixing software crashes, frozen machines, the blue page, lost projects etc. I may be wrong about Macs but so far all is good :D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

JEZMONDO wrote:Yes I have to say that in this case that you are completely wrong. I am someone who stuck with PCs for over a decade and eventually got enough experience and support to build my own machines so I am not completely useless. I really did persevere with windows music making software and came to the conclusion that I was spending more time fixing my machine/software incompatabilities with the usual poor customer support that usually ended up blaming the other software being used. I dont need any more instruments as I own plenty hardware and Native instruments stuff. Also no interest in dual boot I am using ableton on my mac now and hey presto it seems to work for once. Oh I mean this in the kindes tpossible way enjoy spending countless hours building machines, fixing software crashes, frozen machines, the blue page, lost projects etc. I may be wrong about Macs but so far all is good :D
Agreed... after my switch to mac 1,5 year ago, things just work... yes, work, without having to do all kind of stuff to make it work...