Imac upgrade after years of PC related misfortune

- ask away
JEZMONDO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Imac upgrade after years of PC related misfortune

Post by JEZMONDO »

I have taken the plunge and bought myself a Mac one week in and everything works great and has been uploaded with minimal fuss.
I stuck with PCs for 15 years but found that they were alway unreliable and nothing ever went smoothly. Sonar must have crashed everyday with several projects that were lost just when they were getting good.
So I am now hoping that those days are over. If the same things keep happening I am going to take up the penny whistle :)
I have put some picture of my studio layout and my last bits of hardware on myspace. Check it out if you are interested.
Best
Jez
http://www.myspace.com/slownoises
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

You won't regret moving to Mac. The only people in my experience that have a problem with Mac's after owning one are people who have been unlucky enough to be sold a machine from a faulty batch, happened with my Friend when his Macbook hard drive completely died after 6 months of use. This is rare though.

I have had my G5 for 5 years plus and its still going strong, never had a virus, never have issues with corrupt data and I think its crashed twice the whole time I've had it (with no loss to any data)! The only issue is that my DVD burner doesn't always work, but then who burns CD's and DVD's these days?

Wait, one draw back... LACK OF VST/VSTi SUPPORT!!!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Myfirstcasio wrote: Wait, one draw back... LACK OF VST/VSTi SUPPORT!!!
who uses VST on mac these days? it's all about Audio Units on mac.
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

Well I don't really see the advantage of either but some of the best VST's are not available on Mac.
minormal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by minormal »

MAC supports VST's and is compatible with enough for anyone's needs.

The biggest draw-back is the cost!
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

Well the cost is a problem, but then having the paid goods is better than cracked software. As for VST, I may have exaggerated but I get frustrated when VST's I have my eye on are only available for windows, with no AU support. Thats all.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Get the mac. You'll be able to run Logic. That's why I switched. OS X is a joy to use to. A million times better than Vista. Plus your friends will be jealous :D
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

Vista is made of wattle and daub, its a joke.