Matthew Dear sound

- ask away
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

emsley wrote:compressing won't do a thing for unpleasant harmonics, it will only accentuate them if anything, unless you're using am multiband compressor, which is much further down the road when coming to grips with dynamics processing.
that is interesting....
if you have a graph with the level of each frecuency...you will see that the "unpleasant harmonics" that are really loud, stand as peaks...
if we say that the overall level is relative to the integral of the graph...meaning the area below the curve...
and this harmonics...since they are very particular frecuencies, are thin peaks in the graph...so...they can easily outstand the rest of the curve without having to increase the overall level, and you can have a really strong tone there, so...limiting that would only lower the music and leave the harmonics equally strong...

i think for the harmonics the eq with high q is a really good option...

there are other options...some devices that detect those outstanding frequencies and instantly lower that frequency, but i didnt see any software doing that...it's like a de-esser that automatically detects the annoying freq

When those freqs are out of the map...then compress all you waaant!! to get that matthew dear sound (i think a compressor with auto gain would also help very much)

well, i hope this helps...

P.S. in my track "prueba de sonido parte b" which i left to download...you'll se that, not only i didn't mind for getting rid of annoying harmonics...but i added them heheheh yeahh!!! im so evil!! :twisted:
dont worry, you'll not get deaf...if you listen to it once :P
que son esos ruiditos?
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

PatStormont wrote:
Cans wrote:Hey do whatever you want... while you're trying to sound like X producer, the rest of us will be releasing records.
Really, care to name some of your releases?
stay tuned
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

stay humble
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

...and please stop posting gigantic pictures that screw up the layout and make it more difficult to read these threads on the sly at work.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

wow, never thought I'd see some ego stroking on here, new low.... way to go. lock membership and start banning! :)
daemon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daemon »

okay okay guys, let it be

to cans: you can critize an approach on how someone wants to learn smth but it can be said in another way

we were talking about getting the matthew dear sound so back on topic pls