fck BEATPORT...

- open
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about this stuff. The format it's in has nothing to do with the music. The music could be bad or good it doesn't matter. However if you're looking to get your label noticed you're going to have to do something that goes against the grain. Right now vinyl is against the grain.

Nobody will ever be impressed by the fact that you have a net label, doing that was groundbreaking a few years back but now everybody and their momma has a netlabel. It's become very easy to do. Do any of you really want to be lumped in with all the other netlabels in the mind of the consumer? The mindset of the techno music consumer has not shifted that far yet. It may do that later on but it hasn't yet. Some of this stuff deserves to be on vinyl so everybody can have a crack at it.

By making your music digital only you're asking the consumer to go out and spend around $600 to upgrade what they have in order to play it instead of making it available to them for $10 or less. It might be good for new people that start out with their rig being digital but what about the rest? Why would you start a business and neglect the consumer that has supported your type of product for 30 years. It's devoid of logic.......

I'm not saying to everybody should give up on netlabels, i'm saying that you should do both.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

patrick bateman wrote:Also please remember that EVERYTHING that is released on vinyl is AMAZING MUSIC !!!

Obviously... !!!

:lol:
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

livecollective wrote:
rationalism wrote:It´s not only that netlabel are not paid releases also 80% to 90% of the material offered is instant crap or simply the way it´s showed is too crappy!.
Netlabel usually are or a kid that cannot make his releases published or a group of peopla that has nothing to do, the real Netlabels can be counted with one hand!.

you sir sound like a fcking idiot.

You are not smart enough to realize the industry is headed to a subscription based non item-based (mp3/vinyl sales) industry. But somehow you are clever enough to believe that because netlabels give stuff away they must suck.

Maybe some people don't want to release the next congo beating, percussion loop rinsing, samba tech, fruh la la, v-neck wearing trash from the next up and coming poser.

At this point, i am glad to be only working with free releases and vinyl.

rationalism wrote:It´s not only that netlabel are not paid releases also 80% to 90% of the material offered is instant crap

Because beatport is filled only with gems! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because getting on beatport means your good, and its really hard.
:roll:

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!

First of all don´t put words that I didn´t said!!!...
Netlabel do not stink because the give away material, o by the way they are cooperating with the electronic music community not giving material!.
I´m saying that a LOT of natlabels suck because some of them they are taking that has a game and they say "oh 2 hours in a track and i can release anything i want, let make it a download" that´s by most suck and also making a crappy presentation...

About gem in Beatport, A lot of material there is instant crap as well!! so Dont say thing because it´s free to write and read again what i put there men! don´t be a dck!

I like netlabels like Thinner, Innoquo, Igloo, etc. and they have nice presentation, nice tracks!!.

Cheers!
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

forget it
Last edited by livecollective on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

can we just delete this topic, who fucking cares what any of us think.
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

livecollective wrote:can we just delete this topic, who fcking cares what any of us think.
:lol:
- matt
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

rationalism wrote: I like netlabels like Thinner, Innoquo, Igloo, etc. and they have nice presentation, nice tracks!!.
Listen to www.alt-recordings.com