fck BEATPORT...

- open
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

fck BEATPORT...

Post by livecollective »

I am upset that BEATPORT has become the standard. Everyone knows beatport, and buys through beatport. There are a few of you I know that hate beatport as much as I do, but for the most part everyone just jumps in there to buy things.

We need to setup a new site, a new form of distribution and sale, maybe its time to give up selling all together....

It would just be nice to have an outlet for the more abstract music out there. The weird sh!t that isnt going to chart because its not for the big room.

/rant

100% FAT
BEEFPORT
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: fck BEATPORT...

Post by pheek »

livecollective wrote: It would just be nice to have an outlet for the more abstract music out there. The weird sht that isnt going to chart because its not for the big room.
That's what i try to do with my label...
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

im not the biggest fan either but theres still a ton of weird music on there..searchhhhh

but because of the adobe flash problem im boycotting beatport at the moment..soo annoyinggg
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

pheek wrote:
livecollective wrote: It would just be nice to have an outlet for the more abstract music out there. The weird sht that isnt going to chart because its not for the big room.
That's what i try to do with my label...

well exactly. I am trying to start gathering labels that are fed up with this sh!t to put together a site where people can go and they know they are going to find the weird. No search involved. No mainstream trash.

Beatport is played out.
Last edited by livecollective on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

livecollective wrote: maybe its time to give up selling all together....

And what, just give out free music? People would lose so much money...
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

::BLM:: wrote:

It was an idea, and I am beginning to regret selling any of my music so far. Music started as a free idea, then we put a price on it. But thats another argument.

I think the formation of a more left-field/abstract oriented site would be beneficial the public and to electronica as a whole.

I know plenty of label owners who are completely fed up with beatport.

If you are happy with beatport, than by all means "keep on keeping on".
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

livecollective wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:

It was an idea, and I am beginning to regret selling any of my music so far. Music started as a free idea, then we put a price on it. But thats another argument.

I think the formation of a more left-field/abstract oriented site would be beneficial the public and to electronica as a whole.

I know plenty of label owners who are completely fed up with beatport.

If you are happy with beatport, than by all means "keep on keeping on".
I'm not happy with the 40% they take, then the 20% from Intergroove leaving us the label with the smaller %, but that’s a whole different thing.

What are you not happy with? Are your releases getting lost amongst all the other releases? Not enough attention on a certain type of music? I respect your views on free music and in an ideal world this would be the case as music is something we all love and it comes from the heart, but and a big but… I have rent to pay, bills to pay etc… and if I didn’t earn money from music I would have to then go get a job in something that I wouldn’t enjoy. So giving away free music is something that is not possible for myself and anyone else living off music.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

vinyl..