fck BEATPORT...

- open
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

::BLM:: wrote:
zentex wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:So by having a nice artist you're playing it safe? Zentex how do you spose he goes about it?
well depends what you mean by "nice". i kinda read it as "known" artist, and it indeed is the safest way to start a label. nothing bad in that, don't get me wrong.

but if that's the case then chances are it will be just another label, with no characteristic sound that stands out. and we all know there are already enough those labels out there, too many people running labels with the primary goal of selling records instead of aiming to push for something special musicwise.

of course it ain't easy to find special music and to release it is almost certain financial suicide...but sometimes it just might hit the spot within the market and work out for your satisfaction both artistic and businesswise.

anyway tone-def, don't mind me, just trying to give another perspective for you to think about. good luck for whichever way you decide to go with your label!
'Nice' and 'known' are completly different. I'm not quite sure why you put the two together.
my bad.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

DirkD wrote: I don't see why if you don't put the same blood, sweat and tears into a netlabel that it won't be taken as seriously as a label with physical distribution.
Because you're not putting the same kind of money behind it. I'm guessing because it may show a lack of self confidence.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

Torque wrote:
DirkD wrote: I don't see why if you don't put the same blood, sweat and tears into a netlabel that it won't be taken as seriously as a label with physical distribution.
Because you're not putting the same kind of money behind it. I'm guessing because it may show a lack of self confidence.
that and people playing only vinyl won't be able to play your records.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

zentex wrote:
Torque wrote:
that and people playing only vinyl won't be able to play your records.
Many of the printed magazines doesn't review digital only releases either, a point that proves that digital only releases still isn't accepted in the same way as a vinyl release...
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

It´s not only that netlabel are not paid releases also 80% to 90% of the material offered is instant crap or simply the way it´s showed is too crappy!.
Netlabel usually are or a kid that cannot make his releases published or a group of peopla that has nothing to do, the real Netlabels can be counted with one hand!.
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

rationalism wrote:It´s not only that netlabel are not paid releases also 80% to 90% of the material offered is instant crap or simply the way it´s showed is too crappy!.
Netlabel usually are or a kid that cannot make his releases published or a group of peopla that has nothing to do, the real Netlabels can be counted with one hand!.

you sir sound like a fucking idiot.

You are not smart enough to realize the industry is headed to a subscription based non item-based (mp3/vinyl sales) industry. But somehow you are clever enough to believe that because netlabels give stuff away they must suck.

Maybe some people don't want to release the next congo beating, percussion loop rinsing, samba tech, fruh la la, v-neck wearing trash from the next up and coming poser.

At this point, i am glad to be only working with free releases and vinyl.

rationalism wrote:It´s not only that netlabel are not paid releases also 80% to 90% of the material offered is instant crap

Because beatport is filled only with gems! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because getting on beatport means your good, and its really hard.
:roll:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Also please remember that EVERYTHING that is released on vinyl is AMAZING MUSIC !!!
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

patrick bateman wrote:Also please remember that EVERYTHING that is released on vinyl is AMAZING MUSIC !!!
amen for this :lol: back to wearing v-necks (-)