mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BlueFog »

Sounds like prog psy to me.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

WOW thanks guys I guess psy trance means something different here than it does elsewhere. In arizona psy trance is about 140-150 bpm super trancy stuff with those little poppy kick drums.

I did contact my distributor but whenever there is a discrepency usualy their beatport rep tell them there is nothing they can do about it.

We sent it in as a proggressive and a couple of them labeld as progressive trance which they like to just file in trance sometimes.

I was angry because I was drunk last night when I found out about it.

Im not so mad now if this is what psy trance is labeled as in so many other places.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

victorgonzales wrote:
I did contact my distributor but whenever there is a discrepency usualy their beatport rep tell them there is nothing they can do about it.
Tell them you want to move then. That's the biggest load of rubbish ever. If I tell my label rep to do something, they do it almost straight away after all they are taking 20%.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

perhaps this label could actually improve sales!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I know someone else that has happened to.

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I know someone else that has happened to. Although to be honest I found it kind of amusing because the first time we ever talked about music and he told me that he is a producer he went made it a huge point that he "produces progressive house music, its not trance."

One of those house is the only kind of electronic music to be respected kind of guys.

Nice guy though so I never brought it up to him. :oops:
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

if you want to change the genre, all you have to do is contact beatport yourself via their 'contact us' form..

i had an issue similar to this, but in regards to changing my old alias into my new one. my label told me it would take 10 years. i just contacted them through the form, and they did it in 24 hours. :)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

ferdy wrote:if you want to change the genre, all you have to do is contact beatport yourself via their 'contact us' form..

i had an issue similar to this, but in regards to changing my old alias into my new one. my label told me it would take 10 years. i just contacted them through the form, and they did it in 24 hours. :)
Maybe I need to start writing beatport instead of our distributor. ;)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

@ Mr Gonzales

I was wondering if your distribution guy is just a bit lazy and just feeds you bullshit because it's easier for them.