Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

yacek wrote:
Myfirstcasio wrote:I don't smoke dope anymore
yea, i can tell... "dope", hahahaaha. :lol:
Um, yep... :oops:

funny thing is I only started using the word "dope" when I quit, kind a like a way of being condisending to my mates who still smoke to wind them up - think the police convention seminar in Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas.

@humeka - I know what you mean about the "ghost" elements... its even worse when you actually made the music sound better!
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

weed, caffeine, alcohol, etc ..... all fine in moderation.
you just have to keep it under control.
balance is the key.

all the people i know who see weed as a negative thing and detrimental to music production are people who've massively overdone it.

bob marley didnt have a problem writing tunes, and neither did a huge proportion of the worlds musicians of the last 60 years.
patisson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by patisson »

huh... topic slowly moves to "smoke pot and make music" :)
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

steevio wrote:weed, caffeine, alcohol, etc ..... all fine in moderation.
you just have to keep it under control.
balance is the key.

all the people i know who see weed as a negative thing and detrimental to music production are people who've massively overdone it.

bob marley didnt have a problem writing tunes, and neither did a huge proportion of the worlds musicians of the last 60 years.
from my experience is an individual thing...and mostly it depends on your mind status, weed can be a bitch.... like you say is a matter of balance..

back to the topic i had a bad pain to my wrist, and my back always hurts, fortunately i've got a dog so that means i go for a 1-2 hours walk every day... :D

ps
steevio one tribe is the sh!t!
very touching :D
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

^^^
thanks mate.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I have always smoked weed when making music. It definitely helps me when making tracks. If I'm not stoned I sit there for hours and hours playing with sounds and not finding the right one or not being able to make a decision. When I'm stoned I totally relax and making music just feels natural.
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

I think it's because weed has it's meditating effect, it lets some "empty place" in your mind,away from reality, where you can feel your music, create... But the best feeling is when you manage to create that "hole" without weed... I wouldn't be able to explain the scientific reasons of all this, but it's just like cables plugged in your brain, that weed unplug...