what is happening to music ?

- open
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

technology hase been making it easier these days for people to try to find themselves in music....
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

like most things in life all this is likely to go full circle or in waves...

things will likely continue on its current trend.. becoming more emotional, more intelligent, etc etc... but like a bungee rope it will expand and move towards that point before retracting back in the other direction...

electronic music could retract back to its simpler days.. maybe not as intelligent but more effective and simpler in its approach to getting people moving...

i guess this can already be seen with this indie/nu rave/fidget scene thats been emerging for the past year or two.. even though it might not be our cup of tea and a different genre/scene it is what a lot of the next generation of clubbers are listening to...

on the contrary it could be said that these are consistent layers rather than a circular thing in that kdis love the faster big room big breakdowns stuff and slowly slide into the slower tempos, more intelligent stuff etc...

all this actually doens't the main question.. .but what they hey.. i've written it now.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

but nurave/fidget aside.. electronic music could retract or cycle back in ethos and approach... obviosuly with a twist for the current times...
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

It all depends on the audience... right now people are diggin on the housey side of things if you ask me..
Flo/w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Flo/w »

Right now the mainstrain is house .. and all it's subforms ..
It's being recicled .. but still updated with fresh new productions .. i mean like taking the old parts and adding new stuff ..

We are going to a more melodic and peaceful state of music .. and i think this will evolve more and more .. if not we can always go back to minimal 2006 - 2007 : )
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

everything was better yesterday!

even my ham sandwich
- matt
xntrkeverything
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xntrkeverything »

techno of the future is always better than yesterdays
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

some future techno will be good alot will be sh!t. just like present day techno and old techno.