what is happening to music ?

- open
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

what is happening to music ?

Post by A-Dreamer »

how do you feel that electronic music is evolving ? considering what it was years ago and what the predominant producers of the time were doing with it and what it has become today, in an attempt to maybe predict what it's going to become. i ask this after reading a review of moodymann's det.riot release and finding an interesting ideea, namely that music has become, quote "a landscape to explore rather than an event to interpret".
how do you see this ?
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

dubby-minimal-tribal-deep-house is the future.

Nah, I think its pretty much impossible to say what the future will hold, there's so many genres already, and they're all changing so fast... the only trend I think will continue is that the bpm of most stuff will probably continue to go down with a couple of notches.
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I think it has gone more intelligent?

Years ago it was just jammin a club number and people dance but now its gone more experimental / sometimes not dancy and more based on feelings?

I don't know... I also think there is more Crossover in Styles people use to play
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

new slower mnml...helps me expore emotions, when i listen at work in my i pod or in a club wen im f*cked up...i pretty much feel all emotions from the whole spectrum...wereas harder stuff from back in the day was one dimensional to me...i think its movin in the right direction
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I think people are going back to exploring within themselves vs (trying) to sound like someone else..

art before music is once again returning...
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

john clees wrote:I think people are going back to exploring within themselves vs (trying) to sound like someone else..

art before music is once again returning...
art before tracks
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

The same as alexx.

People need to work on themselves before working on tracks.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

I don't know if people are becoming more real about music or whatever... I treat a lot of those statements with suspicion.

But what I seem to notice with the artists that I tend to follow is that the house influence is much more pronounced these days than it was a year or two ago. It's away from the clicky minimal back to techy house with real pronounced melodies in it. You have guys like Stimming, Brendon Moeller putting out big stuff that is more melodic and being used in sets by guys who are often pegged as "minimal/tech" (yes, I know one can always argue with that)... Listen to a Barem, Savoretti, Agnes, Seuil, Meindl set these days...big difference to me from the sets I downloaded from these guys say a year ago.