producing under a pseudonym

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Smear wrote:
lcvl wrote:what's the problem with spanish or italian names? :?

:lol:
I knew I shouldn't have said it!

You know what I mean though, ultra sexy tight t-shirted DJ in shades posing, with a suitably sexy name like Juan Romero Valentino, who was actually born in Bognor Regis and his real name is Hector Sugden or something. And probabl plays a sample CD on all of his sets swooningly moaning 'Juan Romero Valentino In! The! Mix!'......you know the kind of guy i'm on about :P

jajajajjaja que risa! muy cierto.

pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

it has happen more than once that when i see an alias that is just way too silly, i will not listen to his demo. Sometimes its just stronger than me to think that a bad alias rhymes with bad tastes. Also It can happen that a badly chosen alias makes me think the artist is hunting for a certain stardom which is another thing i cant stand. For instance, names like "minimal penetration" or "ultimate love" are IMO not something i want to promote through my label, even if his music is great... i just find it lame.

:|

As for the name datalus, sounds cool to me ;)
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

I also believe that the music will make the name cool or not, unless you have some nickname like pheek's examples; otherwise you can look how Troy McClure, Sara Goldfarb, Jickael Mackson, The Hacker, 2 dollar egg...have made the names look cool once you hear the music (IMO).
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

pheek wrote:it has happen more than once that when i see an alias that is just way too silly, i will not listen to his demo. Sometimes its just stronger than me to think that a bad alias rhymes with bad tastes. Also It can happen that a badly chosen alias makes me think the artist is hunting for a certain stardom which is another thing i cant stand. For instance, names like "minimal penetration" or "ultimate love" are IMO not something i want to promote through my label, even if his music is great... i just find it lame.

:|

As for the name datalus, sounds cool to me ;)
:D :D :D :D :D :D

minimal penetration!!!!!!!!!!!

thats such an awful, awful name, i think i might start using it.
what does it even mean? superb
nospin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nospin »

Atheory wrote:

its like when you were in highschool and the girl tells you she is technically still a virgin because it was only minimal penetration... like 15 seconds or something...
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

i produce under the name simple, i didnt know what i was making at the time and my real name is far too long for any flier...

...ill make the transition someday...
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

i think your name reminds me of "platypus" - which has got to be good.
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

nospin wrote:
Atheory wrote:

its like when you were in highschool and the girl tells you she is technically still a virgin because it was only minimal penetration... like 15 seconds or something...
LOL! That is just an awesome name. Seriously, it's so lame that it's cool. Minimal Penetration. I will use it as a title, that's for sure.

How about the name Loco Motive? Is that something good?