producing under a pseudonym

- ask away
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

producing under a pseudonym

Post by datalus »

my chosen pseudonym at the time is also my forum name, datalus, but i was wondering if it was a bit too contrived or unoriginal.

would anyone else agree and as more of a point towards general discussion what in your opinion makes a good name?
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

if you make good music then you also have a good name. even if youre name was spongebob but you made MONSTEROUS minimal. They even the name cause its funny but you got skills.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Roqqert wrote:if you make good music then you also have a good name. even if youre name was spongebob but you made MONSTEROUS minimal. They even the name cause its funny but you got skills.
true.

Smear
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Smear »

I made industrial/hardcore as Element Abuse from the age of about 15 and I never put much thought into it. When i started making techno it took me about 2 weeks to think of Smear, and I only picked it because everyone I asked said they hated the name.

I dunno what makes a good name though. As long as you don't give yourself some horrible spanish or italian guy's name even though you're from Kaunas or Tromso or something, haha.
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

what's the problem with spanish or italian names? :?

:lol:
Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

nah, your name is fine.
Smear
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Smear »

lcvl wrote:what's the problem with spanish or italian names? :?

:lol:
I knew I shouldn't have said it!

You know what I mean though, ultra sexy tight t-shirted DJ in shades posing, with a suitably sexy name like Juan Romero Valentino, who was actually born in Bognor Regis and his real name is Hector Sugden or something. And probabl plays a sample CD on all of his sets swooningly moaning 'Juan Romero Valentino In! The! Mix!'......you know the kind of guy i'm on about :P
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

Roqqert wrote:if you make good music then you also have a good name. even if youre name was spongebob but you made MONSTEROUS minimal. They even the name cause its funny but you got skills.
Jichael Mackson :lol: