Kids?

- ask away
Magnus Molin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Magnus Molin »

aallvor wrote:I have a daughter, who is 1,5 years old. I love music just as much as ever, and try to listen to it as much as I can. The problem is, there's very rarely any time to make any music once you have kids, especially not if you have a bedroom studio..
Exaclty!!

Much time to listen to music, but less time to make your own.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:I think youll struggle to;

1. look after the youngsters
2. Keep your mrs / mr interested
3. Hold down a good job so you can maintain your extravagant lifestyle

all at the same time.....

Lucky for me I'm being a stay at home dad. My girlfriend is very much into her career and wants to get straight back to work which is perfect for me. I think my productions will slow down, but I'm only 22 so got years ahead of me for music. The way I see it is music is always going to be here, so I'm in no rush.

I do hope my children take after me though, and learn to love their music. The mainstream music that's out there at the moment is proper crap so would love it if they could understand the difference between the two. For the people that now have kids has the music you played in the house influenced them? For me my dad used to listen to lots of old jazz/funk stuff and that really has been a huge influence to me and a lot of my music sounds like the sort of stuff he was listening to way back when just on a housey tip.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Kids are more important than music; just make sure you have atleast 2!

I say this becuase if you halve 1, youll halve the amount of music-loving jeans in your blood line....

and im not a marxist.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote: I do hope my children take after me though, and learn to love their music. The mainstream music that's out there at the moment is proper crap so would love it if they could understand the difference between the two. For the people that now have kids has the music you played in the house influenced them? For me my dad used to listen to lots of old jazz/funk stuff and that really has been a huge influence to me and a lot of my music sounds like the sort of stuff he was listening to way back when just on a housey tip.
unfortunately we dont have much say in the matter usually but of course their are always exceptions like yourself, normally kids are mostly influenced by their peer group.
my daughter is into R&B singers, my oldest son showed no interest in music till he was 17 then he suddenly went mental, he's now playing bass guitar, and he's into almost every type of music, my youngest son is a drummer, but he mostly likes quite charty type music.
they have been brought up with an ambience of dance music around the house, but also reggae and female blues singers.
when i used to take them to school we used to all sing bob marley songs in the car at the tops of our voices.
and yet none of them particularly went for techno, the boys are more into drum and bass !
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Kids are more important than music; just make sure you have atleast 2!

I say this becuase if you halve 1, youll halve the amount of music-loving jeans in your blood line....

and im not a marxist.
:D :D :D :D
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

::BLM:: wrote:For the people that now have kids has the music you played in the house influenced them?
Not sure really, but my daughter tries to dance along to anything with a steady beat. Pretty much any 4/4 stuff that isn't too intense is cool :)
verdisQUO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by verdisQUO »

I've just had a little girl 2 months ago. She was a preemie born at 2.2 pounds. She has to take all sorts of medicines formula for her to pick up some weight. I love her very much, but I also love music. I find myself staying awake late nights just so I can finish a song. Plus feed/change/ give medicine to her (every 3 hours, everyday). My wife and I got into an argument about this. Her stating that I love music more than my kid. But I strive to balance both. I want my girl to grow up healthy, yet I just can't put the music down. I have a need to fuel this desire of mine. So I sacrifice time to work on tunes. I know this isn't healthy, but if anything, once she is better, and when she is older, if I succeed with what I'm trying to do, then I want to be an example for her. You know, letting her know to never give up her dreams at all cost, not at warning.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

verdisQUO wrote:I've just had a little girl 2 months ago. She was a preemie born at 2.2 pounds. She has to take all sorts of medicines formula for her to pick up some weight. I love her very much, but I also love music. I find myself staying awake late nights just so I can finish a song. Plus feed/change/ give medicine to her (every 3 hours, everyday). My wife and I got into an argument about this. Her stating that I love music more than my kid. But I strive to balance both. I want my girl to grow up healthy, yet I just can't put the music down. I have a need to fuel this desire of mine. So I sacrifice time to work on tunes. I know this isn't healthy, but if anything, once she is better, and when she is older, if I succeed with what I'm trying to do, then I want to be an example for her. You know, letting her know to never give up her dreams at all cost, not at warning.
your kids always have to come first, but you're right not to give up your music, its just about time management. if you were a professional musician, you wouldnt have any choice in the matter.
it does help if your partner understands, but dont give up on her, just prove to her you can do both.
i used to work through the night when my kids were babies, you have to train yourself to have less sleep. most of us sleep too much anyway.
good luck mate !