Kids?

- ask away
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Kids?

Post by Atheory »

to anyone who has kids, did your releationship or how you felt about music change at all after your first child was born?

i'm not having a kid or anything but i guess i will at some stage over the next few years, and its just something i wondered about.

i know theres a few guys on here who mentioned they had children before and was just wondering about it. seems like a kind of monumental thing, i just wonder if i'd care about music in the same way.

cheers.
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

what does this have to do with music production?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i find that there are a lot of topics that aren't obviously music prodiction but are obviously most at home in this section.

the question is basically.. 'those of you who make music, how has having children affected your relationship with music'.

ok, it's not as obviously for this section as 'how do I make a bass sound', but most of my favourite topics in this seciton are of this kind... the personal kinda topics for people who spend too much time with music.
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

:roll:
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i don't have kids... but i would assume it would have an affect on me as it did my father. His whole life changed focus, in fact i don't recall him listening to music at all when i was growing up. However, back in the day he used to rock out all the time full on hippie surf brigade. Interesting though, when I moved out of the house he had started listening to a different type of music.

I say I will never ever let this happen to me... But i know i will follow my heart and understand why I write or listen to the music I do. So if the heart changes let your mind follow. This might be different for different people... people have their own intrinsic design.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I'm having a kid at the moment and have given great thought about this. I wont like the music less or anything, but I can see myself spending less time as my kid will be the most imporant thing to me.

I think its imporant to bring your children up with music though, so from an early age ill be making sure they take their piano lessons etc..
molokoplus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by molokoplus »

i have a baby, 1 month.. about me nothing changed in perception or relationship with music..of course many depends on your wife .. if she has understanding and respect to your interests that will do fine
luca brasi is dead
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yeah some interesting responses.

@::BLM:: congratulations.

yeah its just interesting as a topic, i think, how what you do is affected by major, landmark situations in your life.

my one friend who does have a kid, he still kinda spins records a bit, but he wouldn't really have the time to produce and doesnt really anymore.

what i was wondering about also is like how important i would find certain more trivial things to do with production if i had more important things in my life. probably depends on the person.