Luciano Fabric 41 and Slam Sci Fi Hi Fi 5

- open
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

vermi wrote:
pheek wrote:Is it just me or i basically have no more interest for mixed CDs anymore? I rather download a dj mix of anyone, known or not, as long as the track selection is cool.
i don't think you're the only one.. last one i bought was the ricardo villalobos "mix" on fabric. before that it was probably adam beyer's timewarp compilation (2003/2004?). at least as i can remember now without checking my shelf.

i tend to get bored of the perfect mixing on the albums (digital mixing usually equals zzzzzzz for me), plus i also hate that these mixes most of the times consists of hits from the last few months that have been played to death by every dj on the planet.

these two things together takes away the interesting element in a mix for me personally, and when there's nothing interesting left, then there's no point of buying that album.

my 50cent ft. eminem

** and i forgot to say: that luciano mix on fabric is a very good example of a mix that mainly consists of hits.
I can't stand hits, seriously. Can't stand a cd filled with hits either. You're pointing out exactly why i think mixes on CD are an obsolete form of music promotion...
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

hmm. mix cds can definitely suck, but some of the most amazing pieces of music I've heard in my life have been mix cds.

Michael Mayer - Immer, Fabric 13
Superpticher - Today
Triple R - Friends

:shock: :shock: :shock: ^ my reactions to these cds.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

luciano + fabric + cd...

this guy better have moved on from 2 years ago.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I deffffffffinately agree with Pheek & Vermi on this, honestly i think if they were to record their mixes at the club with an audience it would sound so much better than these studio mixes.. It would definately capture what Fabric is about more than these mixes.. I think Ricardo's Fabric was ACEEE.. mainly due to the fact that we hadn't heard any of that stuff before.. anyway, heard Luciano's Fabric and didn't really do much for me.. :?
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

oblioblioblio wrote:hmm. mix cds can definitely suck, but some of the most amazing pieces of music I've heard in my life have been mix cds.

Superpticher - Today
Triple R - Friends

cheers my friend
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

vermi wrote:
pheek wrote:i tend to get bored of the perfect mixing on the albums (digital mixing usually equals zzzzzzz for me)
^^ this.

Unless it says otherwise, I just assume these days that anything I listen to on the professional recording circuit was compiled and edited for cue points, etc. by the DJ and then just 100% mixed by the computer in a non-live setting. This might be interesting if you've got a Hawtin Transitions-like mix that actually works in 5-7 tracks at once, but it's rather lame when you just have a standard old 15 track "mix".
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

oblioblioblio wrote:hmm. mix cds can definitely suck, but some of the most amazing pieces of music I've heard in my life have been mix cds.

Superpticher - Today
Triple R - Friends

I'm ok with Pheek, cd mix aren't always famous but I continue to buy some of them. I like to listen about the work behind transitions. It's a kind of edit. And finaly I like the trip 0f selection as a travel in a intimate space.

my famous at this time :
Carl Craig, Sessions
Chloé, the waiting room (and all the Kill the dj cd's)
Akufen & Tiefschwartz Fabric mix
tabula rasa
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

[quote="oblioblioblio"]hmm. mix cds can definitely suck, but some of the most amazing pieces of music I've heard in my life have been mix cds.

Superpticher - Today
Triple R - Friends

im with u on superpitcher today and fabric 13! :D