Kids?

- ask away
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

well, kids do make a lot of weird noises you could sample...
molokoplus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by molokoplus »

revy wrote:well, kids do make a lot of weird noises you could sample...
nice idea of human\computer interaction...i need two babies more to perform live)))
luca brasi is dead
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

having kids didnt have any effect on me whatsoever in regards to making or listening to music. why should it ?
i have two grown up kids, and a teenage son. my oldest son who is at university now, used to travel around with us with our sound system round the festivals, my youngest was on the road when he was 3 weeks old.
he was born at home to the sound of bob marley playing on the stereo, and he's got a poster of bob marley on his bedroom wall now !

if you change in any way when you have kids ( apart from the obvious responsibilities ) you are doing something wrong.
Magnus Molin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Magnus Molin »

I have a son, and yeah .. it changed everything :lol:
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

steevio wrote:having kids didnt have any effect on me whatsoever in regards to making or listening to music. why should it ?
i have two grown up kids, and a teenage son. my oldest son who is at university now, used to travel around with us with our sound system round the festivals, my youngest was on the road when he was 3 weeks old.
he was born at home to the sound of bob marley playing on the stereo, and he's got a poster of bob marley on his bedroom wall now !

if you change in any way when you have kids ( apart from the obvious responsibilities ) you are doing something wrong.
ah yes, you always have interesting things to say about stuff. i suppose it makes sense that it should impact more on resources like time than say your approach.

but then life/death are pretty big issues and do have a big effect on every art. do you think that because the things that dance music "says" are less tangiable than much of say, writing or painting, that they are less coloured by life and death?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Atheory wrote:
but then life/death are pretty big issues and do have a big effect on every art. do you think that because the things that dance music "says" are less tangiable than much of say, writing or painting, that they are less coloured by life and death?
i dont think they are any less tangiable to be honest.

i've always treated my kids as mates who are along for the ride, when they chose to take a path of their own, i hope that they will still consider me as a friend, so far thats the way its worked out. they wouldnt respect me now if i had given up who i really was, and changed because of them.
it's different for different people though, some people are happy to become traditional parents.
many of my younger friends in dance music came from musical homes, and sometimes their parents come out clubbing with them. infact many of these parents are integral to the scene and heavily involved.
its considered quite normal with our crew.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

The only thing that has changed is that my daughter is so old now that she wants to get on the guestlist whenever I play 8)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

steevio wrote:
Atheory wrote:
i dont think they are any less tangiable to be honest.

i've always treated my kids as mates who are along for the ride, when they chose to take a path of their own, i hope that they will still consider me as a friend, so far thats the way its worked out. they wouldnt respect me now if i had given up who i really was, and changed because of them.
it's different for different people though, some people are happy to become traditional parents.
many of my younger friends in dance music came from musical homes, and sometimes their parents come out clubbing with them. infact many of these parents are integral to the scene and heavily involved.
its considered quite normal with our crew.
oh yeah for sure, i've partied with my own parents and partied pretty hard with some of my mates parents, thats definitly a healthy thing.

sorry, what i meant by tangiable was maybe its easier to say that, for example, Crime and Punsihment is about morality than it would be to say what a techno tune is about, even if they make you feel the same.

i guess this has been covered here before. what i meant in a round about way, was, if you were a writer maybe your experiences would be more pronounced in your work (due to the fact that they are in the form of something thats concrete and relatable?) than say something less explicit like a techno song.

its not really that important probably.