Pioneer DJM 800 vs. A+H Xone 92

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

there are some different Xone:62 's Ive been told: I also have one where the EQ is heared in the headphones, bought mine in Germany.

don't kill me if it isn't true, but I heared that the german versions have this, while english versions didn't (?). Also saw a Xone:62 with a fader to control the master volume (instead of the turning knob on the one I bought).

Either way: A&H always kicks the ass of Pioneer, although the "sound color" effects on the CDJ-800 are great fun! But if I get to chose, I prefer a A&H Xone:62 with a EFX-1000...
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

another option for you might be the xone 42. a stripped down version of some of the other mixers but with usb to connect to your computer.

a & h xone 42 mixer link

• 4 dual stereo channels Channels 1 & 4 have phono (RCA RIAA turntable) inputs while channels 2 and 3 are line/line
• X-FX send to external FX Allows signal to be sent to external FX, and returned to be combined with VCF controls
• 3 band EQ All channels have +6dB to total kill EQ
• Power supply High performance internal switch-mode psu
• 2 headphone outputs 1/4” and 3.5mm
• VCA Crossfader With curve control from sharp attack for scratching to smooth attack for house style
• VCF filter with independent in/out, resonance & frequency controls
• USB 1.1 port One stereo up to PC and one stereo back
• Microphone input On XLR, with 2-band EQ and level control
• Rack ears Optional rack ears available
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

why usb 1.1.... seems... passe
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Havent red all the replies so dont know if it was brought up.
All Pioneer mixers have an internal amplifier which means another electric equipment in the chain which causes a frequency/sound quality lost.
leaving that a side, you should choose the mixer you feel more comfterble to work with. i always found pionner mixers to be very uncomfterble to work with, all knobs are to "buttery". every small touch effects the sound in very aggresive way. i felt that i spand too much time on the gain knobs to balance to volume because of this. (didnt work with the 800, but im sure its not diffrent from the 500/600).

the xone problem is the high/low mid knobs. when you just start working with this mixer usualy your not use to have it and its kinda difficult to control.
Both "problems" are things u can get use to and your work will flow. just go to a store and play with both and see which one you like better. im always trust my first instinct.
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

livecollective wrote:why usb 1.1.... seems... passe
just noticed that, thats a huge bummer! why would they do such a thing.
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

to answer to the post/pre eq mistery on the xone 62, there is an internal jumper where you can set the cue behaviour as you like it ...
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

There are 2 different versions of the xone 62... you can tell the difference by the pots and cross fader. Obviously the earlier version didn't have the EQ routed to the cue.

Nihad - do tell us more about this jumper for the cue
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 58525 »

Xone 62:

Xone 62 MKII: