Pioneer DJM 800 vs. A+H Xone 92

- ask away
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Pioneer DJM 800 vs. A+H Xone 92

Post by filthypitcher »

I know this is the producing forum but balls to that! This is about dj mixers...

Due to a cruel twist of fate my pioneer djm600 is no longer with me. I'm currently in the market for a brand spanking new mixer. Sooooo, here is the problem arises. I love allen and heath mixers and was almost certain that i would buy and xone 92 but the other day a good friend of mine who would have a better opinion than your average Joe conflicted with my opinion (which is also better than the average Joe :wink: ) that the pioneer DJM800 is better than the Xone92.

Now I have many reasons to believe why the xone 92 is better, it even looks better on paper , but I want your opinions. So let me know what ya think.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i would go for xone, don't ask why. it's the same as laptops. everyone says brand X is better than brand Y, but noone really knows why. :wink:
DrFunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DrFunk »

XONE :)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

in the end you'll pretty much fall under the influence of others and buy what they tell you. just go with what you want.
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by filthypitcher »

plaster wrote:in the end you'll pretty much fall under the influence of others and buy what they tell you. just go with what you want.
Thats a load of bollox,I'll go for the one that is better. I'll make an educated decision on all the info I can gather. As I said the xone92 is better on paper, but I want to hear the views of other djs. I won't just go out and buy a €1500 mixer cause some sap says so! :wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

filthypitcher wrote:
plaster wrote:in the end you'll pretty much fall under the influence of others and buy what they tell you. just go with what you want.
Thats a load of bollox,I'll go for the one that is better. I'll make an educated decision on all the info I can gather. As I said the xone92 is better on paper, but I want to hear the views of other djs. I won't just go out and buy a €1500 mixer cause some sap says so! :wink:
ofcourse you won't. there are specs for that, opinions only confuse.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

If midi controls are important for you, consider the DJM-800, it's great for that. Otherwise, go for the Xone:92. Everything about Xone mixers is high quality.
resonaut
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by resonaut »

I'd go for Xone - even though 800 is fully MIDI and has those cool FX*, somehow the 92 manages to be cooler :D

I presume you're just looking for a mixer and don't really care much about MIDI control?

(btw, I've got the 3D, it's a fantastic mixer/controller)
uno-seis-siete