focusing on production

- ask away
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Good luck. I hear ya about the working/producing thing.

I hear guys talk about spending 4-5 hours a day making music and I just turn green with envy. I WISH I had that much time to make music. I have to make myself stay in on the weekends to get anything done.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

best wishes, and dont forget your mnml buddies too :D
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

how come such a huge brake from work ?
anyway .. good luck !!
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

vrejulf: so long breaks come after you resign :wink: it's not holiday where at the end you have your job again.

if you are a bit smart you can live extremely cheap in switzerland (hard to believe for a lot of swiss people too... but you have to renouce to all this materialistic bullshit such as iPod, the last cellphone and so on) and despite my last job was not paid very very well I could still put some money on side.
Plus I'm getting some let's call it "farewell money" which allows me to live (at a very low profile) for three-four months without having to work.
Low profile living means some sacrifice too, so it's not gold all that glitters, but for me it's worth it, plus I already had very bitter times behind me and, believe it or not, I know what means being without food for weeks and living off trickery, I can step back to my ghetto lifestile anytime if I need to do so, like in this very monent, I couldn't care less if i won't be buying trendy bullshit for the next months or if I won't have th emoney to see the thousand time a superstar dj, becase by the end of the year I will have spent so much time doing music it will be more worth than lots of other bullshit we normally give so importance.
I am even lucky that I have the full approval of my girlfriend, she understands me totally on this and she is supporting me in my choice, and for this I am very thankful.

s.k.: surely I won't forget you, this is the forum I like most, so I'll be around

jessejames: i feel what you mean, it has been for me so too, wondering how the hell some people have so much time to make music, and this weekend thing... well, after years of inner-ranting i moved some steps in the right direction and now I'm there.
Monotek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Monotek »

oh man!
i like your style of life!

enjoy your, lets call it, holidays.. ;)

cheers
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

that is awesome man, glad to hear you are doing what you want to do! i'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

i have just had 3 months off college for summer, i have had a job but more time to produce. During the term time have always got so much work to do, so dont really get a chance to do anyhting else.
i probably spent more time starting new tracks and never finishing anything. I find that i can produce better when i should be doing something else!
Definatly enjoyed it tho..
hope it goes well anyway.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

lem wrote:I find that i can produce better when i should be doing something else!
x2