focusing on production

- ask away
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

focusing on production

Post by sorgenkind »

So next week will be the last week of work, then I will be enjoying a three-four months break where I will entirely focus on prodution.
I tried to get a balance between work and music for many years now, and after 13 years of working and making music I realized it is quite impossible for me to really focus on music production, like going in the studio on the evening after a whole day in the office doesn’t quite make it for me, at least not enough.
Another point is that I’m always making edits for my next live performance (I’m happy to have an average of one gig per month, more would be nice but I started perfoming one year ago, things will be coming) and this holds me also back from properly producing tracks, which for me means a different studio setup as when I’m preparing a live act, it even means a different mindset when working on a track, like putting into it some kind of studio trickery which is impossible to recreate live and so on.
have now this break after I have been working for 13 years now in my life (gonna be 29 in november) so a break now is due, expecially because I feel I really need to re-generate my creativity which is being sucked out by babylon.
I will propably be less around here too, since at home I still don’t have internet connection and I usually post from work, but I will try to pop in every now and then, I really like this forum and the most part of you guys, keep it posting interesting posts and keep it … err… [see my signature]... mnml!
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Happy producing :D

Your advice has always been very welcome, even though I'm not sure I've always remembered to say 'thank you'...

Cheers!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

happy and productive producing and keep us posted! ;)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

May the sound be with you. always.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

thank you dudes, I surely will pop in every now and then.

will be back with some linked track asap (hehe, asap is funny becuase "as soon as possible" is sooooo interpretable... could be one day, one month, who knows...hehehe)
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

may the cheese be with you :wink:
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

good luck dude!
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

13 years is a long time to work and try to produce! im sure u will bang out some great beats , enjoy the break! 8)