making minimal on reason

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

deRoland wrote:ctrl-l hides cables, pretty much solves the problem ;)
and how could u then wire them properly? :roll:
jessejames wrote:
Robot Criminal wrote:one thing I seriously started to hate was the wiring.
what a mess it could become.
When I first starting messing around with Reason many moons ago, I kinda liked this feature. I learned a lot about the physical side of production just from using this program.
well I started from the 1.0 and until 2.5 and that was that. Try to "rewire" the whole redrum and make a different effects chain for every channel of every module and u'll get there. But what finally drowe me off was the (lack of) vst support (which some, definitely, find it's strenght).
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
deRoland
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deRoland »

i've never found the wiring a problem. i can understand it if you don't like though, so i won't argue with you :)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

well my only concern is that the wiring will become a mess if u try to achieve some complicated effects chains or something...
BUT it really is an interesting feature.

ofcource there is a chance that I didn't dwell deep enough and/or it's updated to something bit more convenient (shortcuts/whatnot) nowadays :roll:
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

u definetely can make some sick effects doing a bit more tinkering....

try using an nn19 or nnxt and routing it thru the maellstrom as an fx processor, and adding a reverb and delay to that.....then routing the delay to the lfo of the original sampler....

then twiddle some knobs
signatures suck
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

The wiring is a nice visual way to connect instruments but the real studio rack metaphor is just a little weak to the interface of something like reaktor or buzz.

Its slow and cluttered when you want to do anything remotely complex. The only way around this is to put things into combinators. Although I like the ability of unlimited wiring potential with the spiders and micro mixers but I the program starts to get messy.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

hydrogen wrote:The wiring is a nice visual way to connect instruments but the real studio rack metaphor is just a little weak to the interface of something like reaktor or buzz.

Its slow and cluttered when you want to do anything remotely complex. The only way around this is to put things into combinators. Although I like the ability of unlimited wiring potential with the spiders and micro mixers but I the program starts to get messy.
e-fucking-xactly
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I'm posting in this thread just after reading the first 2-3 post.. no point reading the rest, but I just want to say that I make my music with reason rewired into live.. i just find it ridiculous when people blame software or say it was built for this kind of music or that kind of music.. its up to you and your talent, if uve got talent you can make good music out of a bongo can full of pebbles..
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:i just find it ridiculous when people blame software or say it was built for this kind of music or that kind of music..
I hope you realize that I was only kidding :D