Question about kicks/drums

- ask away
bip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bip »

juanm2t wrote:
ferd wrote: btw, wouldn't it be handy if there were some sort of a sticky where people could ask how to make a certain sound? i mean it's not stealing samples or anything, just passing the wisdom of how certain sounds are made...would save me lot's of time and frustration :)
is much better when you learn by yourself how to do certain sounds
agree, don't try to make a kick
make your kick :wink:
timnimal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by timnimal »

bip wrote:
juanm2t wrote:
ferd wrote: btw, wouldn't it be handy if there were some sort of a sticky where people could ask how to make a certain sound? i mean it's not stealing samples or anything, just passing the wisdom of how certain sounds are made...would save me lot's of time and frustration :)
is much better when you learn by yourself how to do certain sounds
agree, don't try to make a kick
make your kick :wink:
Totally agree, don't imitate 'famous' producers, build your own unique sound.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

boss bottled!

Dont imitate, Inovate!
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

there's nowt wrong with imitation, as long as it's a step on the path to innovation and not the intended destination.
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

each time i create a new song i find new sounds...i never follow instructions to make sounds....i just move knobs and record what i think sounds nice...is like writting a story without any previous idea...just start making sounds and they will tell you how to proceed.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I use Nativew Instruments "BATTERY" Vst for my drums. It has a great little compressor on it that works wonders for kick drum samples.

Try using a compressor vst on your kick drum. Solo the kick out turn youe sub up a bit and just mess around with the compressor and youll find that one kick noise can be turned into damn near any kick noise.

You can also try using an eq and putting a spike on certain frequencies to give it that extra punch in the sweet spot.
ferd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferd »

victorgonzales wrote:I use Nativew Instruments "BATTERY" Vst for my drums. It has a great little compressor on it that works wonders for kick drum samples.

Try using a compressor vst on your kick drum. Solo the kick out turn youe sub up a bit and just mess around with the compressor and youll find that one kick noise can be turned into damn near any kick noise.

You can also try using an eq and putting a spike on certain frequencies to give it that extra punch in the sweet spot.
Will try that compressor thing.
Is Battery comparable to Reason's Redum?
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

stay away from compressing the kick, it will take you nowhere.