Drum Machine - vsti

- ask away
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

Decepto wrote:
kwality wrote:I'd second Battery. It's just so flexible and sounds great, plus it's easy to scroll through sounds.

Be wary of the new version (3) cause I've heard there are still quite a few bugs.
But once you save a kit, you aren't able to scroll through sounds anymore.

If you drag them over from the directory, "next sample" and "previous sample" will pull the respective sample from that directory. However, once the kit is saved, those buttons pull the sample from the surrounding cells. I never understood why this happened.
Really? That sucks. I always scroll through my drums with the right click "add new sound" or whatever it is. I find that it's easy to scroll through things quicker that way. I also don't often save the kit because I like the process of building up stupid sounds. It actually helps me with track ideas. I think there are quite a few free vsti's that will work as drum samplers too.
wmayhem
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wmayhem »

There is a VST drum sampler that specifically emulates Redrum... It's called Tatapoem (sic). Look for it at kvraudio.com.

Guru + Battery will get you just about everything you need. Guru is an incredible drum sequencer VST.

dMw
wmayhem
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wmayhem »

wmayhem wrote:There is a VST drum sampler that specifically emulates Redrum... It's called Tatapoem (sic). Look for it at kvraudio.com.

Guru + Battery will get you just about everything you need. Guru is an incredible drum sequencer VST.

dMw
Here's the link to an even better version of the vst mentioned above... More optimized CPU and Redrum clone.

http://soma.asseca.com/wiki/Tatapoum/LatestDownload
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

it looks awesome and all. but cpu usage is out of control....
wmayhem
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wmayhem »

tzusing wrote:it looks awesome and all. but cpu usage is out of control....
Yeah... It is a bit buggy... What host are you using?

SonicCharge Microtonic is another GREAT synth based drum machine and sequencer with MIDI out that you can route to your other drum sound modules/samplers.

GURU is also the coolest. Will soon be an MPC Killer.
scorchio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by scorchio »

GURU is nice, smart built-in seq, cool effects... and the mad beat-slicer tool. it's the drumsamples' heaven :)
want to know me? ask...
blog in Hungarian: http://scorchio.freeblog.hu
I love my Fatar, that's the way I am
Uncrackable
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Uncrackable »

Get latest Battery (3) release, it's working proprely :D at least for Mac OSX users like me it's OK!
caemgen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by caemgen »

Try Redshift Audio Drumular, samples + synthesis. Small, cheap and easy to use, the "minimal" layout is also nice...