Drum Machine - vsti

- ask away
Decepto
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Drum Machine - vsti

Post by Decepto »

Hello,

Currently, I'm using Ableton Live rewired to Reason. The only reason I use Reason is for the ReDrum. It allows me to build a beat then easily browse through samples to find the one that fits best.

I'd really like to get away from Reason since I don't use any other use for it besides the ReDrum.

Does anyone know of a vst Drum Machine that will allow me to browse through samples as easily as the ReDrum? I like being able to just click up or down and having the next sample in the directory load up.

Thanks.
Decepto
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Decepto »

I learned something new today!

Live 6's impulse has a "hot-swap" feature that I didn't know about. It allows you to audition samples on the fly. Not as quick as the ReDrum, but better than nothing.
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

LinPlug RM IV is increadble, tho Native Instruments Battery is my pick.... Neither has a step sequencer (yet, hint hint) but Ableton's pretty sweet with step sequencing...
r.i.

let the music talk
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

mayby try stylus rmx
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

I'd second Battery. It's just so flexible and sounds great, plus it's easy to scroll through sounds.

Be wary of the new version (3) cause I've heard there are still quite a few bugs.
john_masti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by john_masti »

i believe sonic charge microtonik will do it.....AND it is friendly for reason users :wink:
i am a fucken bird!!!!! :)
Decepto
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Decepto »

kwality wrote:I'd second Battery. It's just so flexible and sounds great, plus it's easy to scroll through sounds.

Be wary of the new version (3) cause I've heard there are still quite a few bugs.
But once you save a kit, you aren't able to scroll through sounds anymore.

If you drag them over from the directory, "next sample" and "previous sample" will pull the respective sample from that directory. However, once the kit is saved, those buttons pull the sample from the surrounding cells. I never understood why this happened.
Decepto
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Decepto »

john_masti wrote:i believe sonic charge microtonik will do it.....AND it is friendly for reason users :wink:
But isn't this a drum synth? I'm looking for something that is sample based.

But it's ok. The "hot-swap" feature in Ableton seems to have cured my problem.