Internet, as we knew it in France, is dead

- free art
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Internet, as we knew it in France, is dead

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

So, after some trouble in french parlement, the actual government (right side of course), with manipulation and lies, made voted the DADVSI law. It's quite frustrating that i'm not able to write in english how this law is disgusting.

To resume :

- the projet of a global licence for download platform (voted in december) is revoked,
- each peer to peer platform is now prohibited !!,
- each private copy of a cd/dvd is now prohibited !!,
- each commercial work (music, film...) have a protection called DRM and can be read only by soft capable of decoding it !!

People who don't respect it risk jail (for p2p developper) and money (for illegal downloader).

That's to me the principal points of this law (in the music aspect). The consequence for free soft is also awful. You can find more objective analysis here : eucd.info (with direct english links in the end of the article).

About netlabel and free music, the situation is not totaly clear, will see in practise what will happen but it seems it stills legal to share free works (it depends how it's made and how the law is adapted -the law is very unclear).

Anyway, big thanks to the french governement to follow the major's will and to vote ancestral law against technological projection and free culture (even America hadn't vote law so repressive). :cry:

Be careful, it could soon happen in your country... Perhaps you can spread these news.
Deef
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Deef »

in belgium there's also such a discussion going on. i'm curious what the law will say in the end...
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

I've read about it on www.heise.de

Really disgusting :?
entropy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by entropy »

It's actually quite unbelievable! You should start a anti-camapign against that! :evil:
"So the kids take a pill to feel the funk and the DJ takes a pill to feel the funk. I don't take a pill to feel the funk." (Derrick May)
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

entropy wrote:It's actually quite unbelievable! You should start a anti-camapign against that! :evil:
be sure that we started it some months ago. but you know how things rule when it deals with money. anyway, we keep on fighting... :wink:
www.minimalnet.tk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by www.minimalnet.tk »

DJ L'embrouille ... dont worry, do you think that they will really apply that law?, then would have to construct 500 new jails. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sincerely I believe that is a law with the only intention to scare the people.

And sorry my bad english..., i am spanish :?
http://minimalnet.blogspot.com

8) I talk minimalistyc english 8)
valor
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by valor »

Hi!

Anyone who knows that in his country are happening this things it should ask for help to the international community.

There are well known international teams who are willing to help fight this kind of law projects...

Try contact them, one of them is EFF (Electronic Frontier Fundation) but I'm sure searching around you will find a few more.

They are funded by the community to help the community, you don't need money to get their assistance.

Regards!

valor
GRHK.ORG Netlabel Staff.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

All of this is scary, scary stuff. Totally horrible.

It's happening all over right now, including the US (but to varied degrees of success) where people are trying to rewrite history and take away freedom from innocent people one step at a time.

It'll be a push and pull battle for eons i'm sure (copyright laws and things) but lawmakers need to just bend over and let the truth smack 'em in the ass. All this stuff makes it harder for arts + artists to flourish, not help them. The only people winning are the people who work at the legal firms and government departments who only care to keep their own jobs and maybe the large international film corporations. While I don't neccesarily agree with the approach, I understand the need to fight piracy specifically but I definitely don't agree with restricting freedoms not exclusive to media pirates. It's disguisting what's going on.