Everybody Listen Up

- ask away
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Everybody Listen Up

Post by Torque »

Before there is another thread on mastering i think you all should take a few minutes and watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7mUKbi8 ... ed#at=1172
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Definitely a very interesting watch, thanks.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Yes, everyone should do what they think is best for them and stop comparing penis sizes'.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

if you want your record loud, you should take a better look on your mix instead of your master. Mastering is like the salt/pepper mix that funkys up the flavour
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

kdgh wrote:if you want your record loud, you should take a better look on your mix instead of your master. Mastering is like the salt/pepper mix that funkys up the flavour
There's no sane reason that you should want to kill the dynamic range of your track. Especially in electronic music where there already aren't much dynamics because so few people actually play keys anymore.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Torque wrote:
kdgh wrote:if you want your record loud, you should take a better look on your mix instead of your master. Mastering is like the salt/pepper mix that funkys up the flavour
There's no sane reason that you should want to kill the dynamic range of your track. Especially in electronic music where there already aren't much dynamics because so few people actually play keys anymore.
Just because you want to make a track sound loud doesn't mean you have to kill the dynamic range of a track. By peak limiting to sh!t... This whole talk is so blah blah blah blah inconclusive. There isn't a standard how this should be done and thank fucking god for that or we would have no innovations.

To me techno sounds better now than ever. The tools you are provided with allow for ultimate precision on a mix and mastering is salt and pepper like kdgh said.

If you can't make it sound loud and whil retaining a good dynamic range you aren't doing it right.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

has anyone found the loudness war to be a problem with music on vinyl? i find my new records are about the same loudness as stuff from the 90's. some suff from like 1989-1993 might seem quiet but most of it is similar.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

i like it quiet