any ideas on best vst drum machine/sequencer i should buy?

- ask away
ashish
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

any ideas on best vst drum machine/sequencer i should buy?

Post by ashish »

i make techno and love spending hours making beats, at the moment i am using cubase and battery and i do love battery but i want something with a sequencer in it and lots of effects and simple to use with cubase. I am looking in investing in a new vst drum machine so far i have got my eye on fxpansion giest and motu bpm. does anyone use these and whats ur verdict on em also if u can recomend me some more i would be gratefull.

cheers
djd_oz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djd_oz »

microtonic or D16 Drumazon (TR909 emulator)

If you are more just into synthesis only then Waldrof Attack.

Personally, I've given up on drum vsts and got myself an Elektron MachineDrum. :P
ashish
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ashish »

ahh i forgot to mention i want a sampling drum machine. i have drumazon but ur just limited with the 909 sounds
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

guru might fit the bill for you.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

i wouldn't recommend buying a VST. you could easily find what you are looking for with a freeware VST
Ldizzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ldizzy »

guru is fun to use... if ur after original lines... i recommend guru..

if ur not used to mixing and tweaking sounds... i, and yes, disrecommend guru at first sight.. its easy to use... swing settings on it are cool and u can make it sound glitchy, but i feel it doesnt sound as ''open'' as battery does...

at first i thought i was being MORE then anal...

and then i conducted tests...

ive made the same lines using guru and battery, (ive bought both of them), with the stereo outs, and multi outs... and battery always sounds more open...

dunnow why...

i may be trippin,

lets say id recommend demo-ing guru before buying...

these days i tend to drag and drop audio directly on the arrange page...
Wizz15
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Wizz15 »

Well if you just want to create beats and you don't mind an extra controller, I'd suggest Native Instruments Maschine.

It's a bit pricy, but since the 1.6 update I'm having loads of fun with it. You can sample with it like an MPC and use it's own sequencer or use it as a plugin in Live.

You can control the whole thing from the controller, so you don't have to look at your screen or use the mouse when 'in the zone' ;) Since the 1.6 update it's also a VST host, so you can control them from the controller as well.

I was a bit sceptical when I first bought it, but after the latest update they've totally turned it around.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

bite the bullet and buy an mpc.