Juno Records problem?

- open
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Juno Records problem?

Post by tsankip »

I get most of my records from Decks, but from time to time I get some records from Juno.

Quite a few of the records I've recieved from Juno have been slightly on the warped side. I can't actually remember an order without atleast one record being warped.

I asked my mate at Juno what was going on and he reckons either the labels or pressing plants have fucked things up - stored them improperly etc.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or is it just me being unlucky or something?
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

You pay insurance on Juno items (at least I know you do in the UK) - Ive had a couple of problems with warped records, and one with a bit of glue or something stuck to it, and they replaced the records for free.. you dont even have to send the faulty one back
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Once they had big problems with Villalobos's SED album, lots of records were sent back, but it was because of a shitty press.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Pretty crap if it happens to at least one record every time you buy from them... I had the same problem with a Gerd record on Royal Oak, was a bit warped and got a replacement sent, but it was only marginally better, asked another friend who had bought the record too, and he had the same issue.

Cant really do anything if it is a dodgy press, except for request your money back, but they'd probably require you to return it.

Its this one..

http://www.discogs.com/GerdAlex-Agore-F ... se/2140949
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

If the records are warped it's a problem at the pressing stage. As Ciaran said, Juno have always replaced vinyl or given a full refund when any problems occur in my experience.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah fucking villalobos SED Album, best track on the EP skips (Andruic & Japan)

i send it back once, received a new copy and it skipped again ..

the company who pressed these fucked up really hard, im still angry :D
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Yeah, the stylus not sitting in the groove was a big issue with that SED :?
Don't have it myself, but 2 of my friends have it and their copies play fine...
Morgy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Morgy »

yeh got one of the rick wilhite rush hour series out of juno and it was warped,
they replaced it without any question. i got this the other week http://www.discogs.com/TB-Knudens-DSavi ... se/2482478 out of rubadub and it was slightly warped. When i emailed them about it they were asking for pics, but i was away for a couple of weeks from my house so couldnt take the pic. Havent bothered now getting it replaced as too long as elapsed since i bought it. Though you can still cue it etc if your careful.