Villalobos in Melbourne (26th November)

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Villalobos in Melbourne (26th November)

Post by Del »

Just wondering is anyone else from the forum in town for Ricardo's 4hr set in two weeks time? Looking forward to it myself.

Been here for three months now and the quality gigs are starting to pick up. Surgeon was fantastic, Dan Bell was not so good, RV playing in a couple of weeks, Michael Mayer is playing in December as well as a Detroit 25 tour with Carl Craig, Kenny Larkin, Moddyman and Theo Parrish. All good.

Post here if you hear of anything else interesting happening.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

what was up with dan bell?
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Mainly I think the problem was the sound system. It was a Funktion 1 but obviously not set up as good as it could've been. Low end was distorted all night and got progressively worse.

I was expecting a lot from Dan Bell but just didn't do it for me music wise. I could only describe it as one level detroit house (techno). No direction in his set, very samey track selection (not what i had hoped for). I know he's not renowned for being very good technical wise either but he was really lacking in that department too.

Fair play to the guys that organised the party though and brought him over. It's just a pity it did not live up to my personal expectations.

Surgeon the previous week (at a different venue) was outstanding. In fact, it was as good a set as you could ever expect to hear. Flawless, extremely interesting and simply rocking from start to finish.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Do the parties get busy? I would love to move to Oz at some point.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

So far so good. Any party I've been to the crowd has been busy and responsive. In saying that I've been pretty picky about where I choose to go out.

I've been out here for over three months now and I can say i'm really enjoying it. What has helped is that I've even been able to switch career from working in a boring finance office back home to doing Japanese Landscape Gardening over here.

I'd say give it a go if you can :)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Del wrote: What has helped is that I've even been able to switch career from working in a boring finance office back home to doing Japanese Landscape Gardening over here.
nice one :D
ciaran
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ciaran »

Hi

Yeah gonna check it out, been here since September also doing landscaping, been to a few gigs, definitely a good scene here, good and late nights too.
Underrated scene here in my opinion.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

what's up with the landscaping there?? is this something you can do right away without any experience or schooling and therefore the prefered job of foreigners who wanna stay in australia for a while??