NUM06 Lee Van Dowski "The Darkened Component"

- wax
bshope
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

NUM06 Lee Van Dowski "The Darkened Component"

Post by bshope »

t’s the 6th release on Num Records : “The Darkened Component EP” by Lee Van Dowski. In a very short amount of time, this French-Swiss producer’s profile has gained a lot of visibility, which is entirely deserved. On his own label, widely considered as a stripped-down, more dancefloor-friendly version of Cadenza, Lee is at home and kickstarts the new year with more futuristic digital rock’n’roll – without the ego posturing, we’re talking “faceless techno bollocks” – for those who know. Well, techno’s pretty much the new rock isn’t it, minus the vocals sometimes – then again, there are many instrumental bands. You know, it’s got heavy electronic riffs in loops, rising and falling, reaching intense climaxes followed by breakdowns. So bang your head to the ruthless buildups and outlandish, cosmic breakdowns of “The Darkened Component” on the A side, and consider “face B” as another A side : “Endonet” immediately grabs you with a darker atmosphere, a droning, menacing synth and nasty metallic bleeps. Starting from and returning to a confined and intimate space, all sounds expand to arena-size proportions in-between. It’s another winner for Num Records and we don’t think we’ll be wrong in predicting the usual German & Chilean DJs will be hammering this onto their crowds at peak time. As for the artist, well recommended by the European press and web critics, Lee Van Dowski currently has forthcoming releases out on the following labels : Soma / Pnuma, Defrag Sound Processing, Recognition, Plak and Dumb Unit. Happy record hunting !

A:The Darkened Component
B:Endonet

out on the 23.01.06
www.num-records.com
available thru Kompakt Distribution
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

absolutely one of my favorite labels

LVD is a madman!
Jose Cabrera
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jose Cabrera »

This is my man Lee!!! Welcome on board!! Num rules!!!
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i have bought all num's up till now except 1, and the new one is great work again!

also bought his new rmx on dumb unit this week, great producer!!
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

butane wrote:absolutely one of my favorite labels
I totally agreed with you. I love Num, I love the music of LVD :oops:
acidman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by acidman »

How To Make Sense Of A Window - Thank you technology

is the sickest sh!t out there i believe...welcome to the future music

thanks to Lee, thanks to technology and thanks to (*)
Cillo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cillo »

Probably the best label of the year ....go Quenum go.........and don't forget Alphahousemusic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
w3t
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by w3t »

acidman wrote:How To Make Sense Of A Window - Thank you technology

is the sickest sht out there i believe...welcome to the future music
Is Lee van dowski behind this nickname ? i was wondering who was behind that amazing ep... anyway with labels like num records & plak records switzerland can really be proud :D