I'm sick of downloading...

- free art
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

I'm sick of downloading...

Post by Ronny Pries »

...zips from archive.org that are supposed to include vbr mp3s but instead feature all formats at all qualities.

:x

it's not that archive.org has excellent download speeds so i'm waiting all day long for transfering a zip that contains at least an overhead of data weighting around 60% that i simply don't want/need.

please, netlabelowners using archive.org, check your release zips once. It's currently that every 3rd zip i download there is somehow wrong in this way or don't contain a certain track as vbr or are strangely vbr compressed...

thx!
ronny
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

good point, and with so many netlabels around nowadays its really irritating

on the other hand downloading single tracks is very time consuming
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

yes - i didn't mean to ban the idea of zips at all - i dig it very much. only some circumstances are just pain i.t.a** ;)
zkreso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zkreso »

This happened to me once as well, and is very annoying indeed. After that time I always try to visit the release page on archive.org and see if they are using the correct link.
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: I'm sick of downloading...

Post by mcs »

Ronny Pries wrote:...zips from archive.org that are supposed to include vbr mp3s but instead feature all formats at all qualities.

it's not that archive.org has excellent download speeds so i'm waiting all day long for transfering a zip that contains at least an overhead of data weighting around 60% that i simply don't want/need.

please, netlabelowners using archive.org, check your release zips once. It's currently that every 3rd zip i download there is somehow wrong in this way or don't contain a certain track as vbr or are strangely vbr compressed...

thx!
ronny
yes, thx ronny, that's a very good point to mention.