- ask away
tristos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Syncing a 303 using a Kenton pro 2 din synced and logic

Post by tristos »

Hi All

Gear: 303, kenton pro 2 (din sync) m audio 4/4 midi and logic

been trying to get this set up synced perfectly for a while, I can get logic to trigger and the 303 to play in sync for about a minute or so and then it starts to slip out of sync. I have the midi trigger delay in logic set at -5 thats the closest, not sure if there are settings wihtin the pro 2 etc

i have never had a manual for the pro 2 and hopefully people have the same setup.

any help much appreciated

T
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i run the same set-up but with cubase and dont have any problems.

i dont use any midi delay.

i dont think theres anything you need to set-up in the pro 2, but the manual is downloadable from the kenton site.

are you sure you're using a proper din sync cable ?
a midi cable is no good to connect the 303, they are wired differently.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

try to take looping off from logic (if you have it on) i have this "bug" when using sync24 stuff with ableton 7
tristos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tristos »

steevio wrote:i run the same set-up but with cubase and dont have any problems.

i dont use any midi delay.

i dont think theres anything you need to set-up in the pro 2, but the manual is downloadable from the kenton site.

are you sure you're using a proper din sync cable ?
a midi cable is no good to connect the 303, they are wired differently.
yeah its a din sync, triggers it fine and plays nicely in sync for a few minutes then fades out of sync, not by loads
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

old acid tracks (87-90) done with 303's have fluctuations in tempo. it is the charm of analogue synths and their sequencers. options, record the 303, then go in and edit the parts every so many measures so that the beats line up.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

pafufta816 wrote:old acid tracks (87-90) done with 303's have fluctuations in tempo. it is the charm of analogue synths and their sequencers. options, record the 303, then go in and edit the parts every so many measures so that the beats line up.
hmm my 303 is quite consistent, I can record it for 30-40 minutes have never noticed any tempo fluctuations apart from the natural funk it has over 1 bar... but actual long term jitter and variability in tempo? no.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

pafufta816 wrote:old acid tracks (87-90) done with 303's have fluctuations in tempo. it is the charm of analogue synths and their sequencers. options, record the 303, then go in and edit the parts every so many measures so that the beats line up.
this isnt true, ive had 5 TB303s over the years, and they were spot on for timing. i also released many tunes with 303's in them, and theres no timing issues with any of them.
if there are acid house tracks with timing issues, its nothing to do with the TB 303.

i think the charm of analogue synths, especially the 303 is to let them breath, editing them kills that dead.

i think tristos' problem lies in Logic, the kentons are usually rock solid
bhc303
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bhc303 »

I have had sync problems with all of my gear in the studio over the years, the problem with mac and pc is there midi clocks are not that good, I have been having issues with my kenton , tb303, tr606, monomachine and machinedrum recently using ableton I have been suggested this...

http://www.innerclocksystems.com/New%20 ... -Lock.html

sync issues suck!

I don't use logic, but from memory with the kenton I had to change some setting in parameter number 42, this would sync, start and stop but all my gear new and old looses time over time, I will be investing!

Good luck!