London collaboration?

- ask away
akeelm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

London collaboration?

Post by akeelm »

Hey, I'd like to find someone to do some production work with. I often get into a rut where I'm just listening to the same loop for an hour, or just banging on the keyboard and not really doing anything. So, I think it would be good to share some ideas, tips and techniques to get the creativity flowing and hopefully make us better producers.

I'm 24 years old, work as a computer programmer during the day, based in East Finchley, zone 3 on the Northern Line. Got Cubase Studio 5, Adam monitors, MicroKorg, MIDI controller, Guitar, some mics, Technics 1210's etc. As a bonus, I'm currently in a place where I can make as much noise as I want, anytime of the day.

I'm mainly into House, Techno, Minimal etc. I also like other music, classic rock, funk, blues, some jazz and classical.

Check out my music http://www.soundcloud.com/akeelm

If you're up for it post a link to your stuff here and a bit of info about yourself. Maybe we could get a group of London based producers getting together?
PBLondon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by PBLondon »

Hi akeelm,

This probably isn't what you had in mind but have you considered enrolling at a music college? Not only can we help get you out of that loop trap that we producers all find ourselves in but it's a great way of meeting plenty of other producers for you to collaborate with. Point Blank also has both daytime, evening and weekend classes so you can work it around your job, or whatever suits you best.

I won't try and sell it to you. Just have a look, see what you think and I'll happily answer any questions.

http://www.pointblanklondon.com/

Point Blank
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

PBLondon wrote: I won't try and sell it to you. J
You just did.......... :?
PBLondon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by PBLondon »

I must be a natural then ;)

But seriously, akeelm if you have any questions then feel free to get back to me.

Oli
Point Blank
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Not sure about a full on colab but Im happy to swap patches, ideas and original sounds. I'm in reading so not exactly central london :)
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
Roual
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Roual »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
PBLondon wrote: I won't try and sell it to you. J
You just did.......... :?
shameless

akeelm

i hope that you find somebody because it'll cost less and you shoul learn more by working with a partner than spunking loads of money on a course