Is Piracy Really Killing The Music Industry? No!.........?

- open
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Is Piracy Really Killing The Music Industry? No!.........?

Post by alexx.wolfe »

Just read this..and want to know your opinion about it :

http://torrentfreak.com/is-piracy-reall ... no-100418/

there are some comments in there that made me laught :D

" ... that if I pirated something, I would have bought it I would have not been able to get it free.

I pirated it because I don’t have the money to buy it in the first place!
If it wasn’t available, I would have gotten something else.
Probably, something that was free in the first place. "

" If we don’t want to buy it, we won’t!

They’re fkn greeds! "
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

piracy is a problem. i agree that it's the digital format that is the problem but piracy is a massive part of that.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Funny how someone doesn't have the money to buy a song online (for 0,99) but can afford a computer and a broadband connection. And has the free time to surf on pirate sites. One would imagine that if you can't afford to buy music you either can't afford a computer or work 16 hours a day to feed your children and have no time to waste on online entertainment.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Barfunkel wrote:Funny how someone doesn't have the money to buy a song online (for 0,99) but can afford a computer and a broadband connection. And has the free time to surf on pirate sites. One would imagine that if you can't afford to buy music you either can't afford a computer or work 16 hours a day to feed your children and have no time to waste on online entertainment.
Yep. That argument is a load of rubbish! If you have a computer and an internet connection you can afford a £1 tune.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

from the 12 of june people in the UK will started getting their internet cut off if they download copyrighted files illegally.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Where are people buying these £1 songs?
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

itunes
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

imo the argumentation of the autor is curious.. he says that digital-piracy is just related to online sales and not to cd sales.. maybe this is kind of true for now..

but for me there is no doubt that lots of people changed from buying cds to downloading mp3s.. this circumstance continued for 2-3 years.. and then online music stores were set up.. the whole market for digital-online-music was a reaction to digital piracy..

so the music industry lost most of their customers through digital privacy.. with itunes and the creation of other online-music-stores they got some of their customers back..

a big part of their customers only buys music that they don't find for free (that's the biggest part imo).. and another part buys no more music at all because they know how to get it for free.. the smallest part is the one with people who buy all their music legally in online shops..

earlier everyone who wanted to listen to music bought expensive (in relation to mp3s) singles and albums..

so the music companie's dramatical decrease in sales was mainly caused by non-reacting to the digital trend..
but otherwise it's imo impossible to earn the same amount of money by selling music digitally.. on the one hand people don't buy whole albums anymore.. and on the other hand the digital format itself promotes piracy cause it's so easy..