hardware vs vsti

- ask away
Aleksi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

hardware vs vsti

Post by Aleksi »

What do you prefer? Im thinking of buying a micro korg becuase I feel that maybe hardware would be more fun to work with than vst. What are youre experiences? Do you feel that hardware is much more fun and gettitng more inspiration with it?? Is there anything more to add to this subject?
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

Yeah, I personally think hardware is more fun to work with but it's also more expensive in most cases, but one thing that really is annoying: it takes up a lot of space.
If you're looking for a sampler, I think a lot of the older Akai hardware samplers nowadays are cheaper 2nd hand than a new software sampler like Kontakt.
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

Renze wrote: a lot of the older Akai hardware samplers nowadays are cheaper 2nd hand than a new software sampler like Kontakt.
for a good reason!!
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dataman »

three years ago is sold all my hardware stuff. i though, why hardware? software can do the same, even more. fck it! i lost the flair of making musik. playing with the synth. the result is even better working with software. its sound very smooth. but the fun isn't the same as producing with hardware. and thats what count i think. its the process making music, not the result.

so my statement is: hardware rocks!
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

This battle isn't even fair......
Software straight up destroys digital hardware on every front.
Give me a midi controller with weighted keys and another one with knobs and sliders and i'm off to battle. To spend money on digital hardware now when all this software does everything it does and more for a fraction of the price is pure insanity.
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

i have older analog hardware, and although its cool, softsynths sounds just as good. Hear is why i prefer to use soft synths. I have a Sequential Circuits prophet. I have NI's prophet emulator, the pro-53. The sound is identical. I can save presets in the softsynth with one keystroke. When i open my sequencer, it loads my preset. I can automate the knobs.

Now i have had modern synths too. Its a bit easier, but you still have to save presets on the synth itself. Have to set midi channels, patch assignments, etc etc.
---> My album is out now on Beatport and iTunes. <---
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

its good to have a hardware sequencer somewhere for when you play outlive. gear rarely crashes.

mixing both gives u both.
freeeeeee
forky forkerson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by forky forkerson »

Soft synths are so convient, that I rarely touch my hardware synth for personal recordings. But if I am the synth player in a band setting I would rather use a Hardware synth. But, i dont think i would ever prefer a softsynth to real instruments.