traktor 3

- ask away
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

traktor 3

Post by Jesse_mtl »

its beautiful.... im gonna set it up and see if im more comfortable with it or ableton live for digital mixing along side my turntables
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I ordered my copy about 3 weeks ago. Still not in. I'm really looking forward to it though.
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

I don't manage to apply the effects on just one channel....

Is this possible by-the-way or am I just doing something wrong? :?
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

u can, but its hard to add a keyboard shortcut. overall i think traktor 3 is useless now compared to ableton..

u have to use the effects menu in the headeru cant use the little efx slot on the mixer... thats for your overall mix.

its hard to nudge 3 , 4 tracks at the same time, even if u atre mixing 2 tracks and looping on the 2 other tracks...

basically im gonna stick with live and find a better controller i think
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I finally got mine and have been toying with it for a few days now. It's definitely a big change from 2.6 and 2.5.

The bad news for me is that my laptop just doesn't have enough power (1 GHz G4, 768 MB RAM) to keep up with 2 tracks controlled by Final Scratch. It works pretty well, but the load is higher than it should be, and there have been a few dropouts. If I play anywhere, I'm going to stick with 2.6 until I get a new laptop.

Lots of nice features though. The Xone:92 filter and EQs are nice (although it doesn't seem you can use the EQs with external mixer mode). I don't have a lot of use for the other effects. Searching and browsing the track library is noticeably faster, which is very welcome.

I've already got a list of about 20 feature modifications/additions I'd like to see, and I think it'll grow a bit longer in the next few days. Hopefully NI will listen and get things fixed up in the next few releases.
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

do u agree with me tho that trying to sync 3, or 4 decks, even 2 is kinda futile with traktor?? i see that now.. its so hard to make a mix sound tight when ur synching with the pitch bend buttons, more so with 3 and 4...
id love to get my hands on final scratch...
my laptop is a 3.2 ghz 1 gb ram beast. im ready to push it to the max
.. but yea need a good controller
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Jesse_mtl wrote:do u agree with me tho that trying to sync 3, or 4 decks, even 2 is kinda futile with traktor??
Definitely. Although I've always done my mixing with FS, I've tried to use Traktor alone a few times, and their beatgrids just don't work all that well for syncing 2 tracks, let alone 3 or 4. Live's warp points are so much better for this.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Hey all - I just got Traktor 3 and have never used it before. Im going to use it with my mixer and 2 turntables. I was wondering how I would set it up so I can use my mixer headphone jack to cue on Traktor? Does this make sense?
I use the line out on my apple into a line on the mixer.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker