analog synthesizers used to create dub chords

- ask away
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

analog synthesizers used to create dub chords

Post by goomba »

basically i just want to know what Hardware synths are capable of producing dub stabs? I have done a heap of research but have not found any straight foward answers. thanks in advance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSphr38HOE
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Any monophonic with 3 osc or any polyphonic.
theres nothing sefisticated in the stab sound design.

in that track there are 2 layered sound. listening with 10$ speakers, same sound, but sometimes lower octave and sometimes higher and sometimes together.
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

Prophet's are famous for those Dub stabs. Someonelikeyou.
lauschpegel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lauschpegel »

creamware pro 12 (authentic emulator of sequentials prophet 5!)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Figure out it takes to make a dub stab in the computer. Buy the synthe and effects that do the same thing. This isn't that complicated... It's not like your gonna find a synth labeled the dub stab synth. Quit being a pussy and Asking on his forum and do it.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

hydrogen wrote:Figure out it takes to make a dub stab in the computer. Buy the synthe and effects that do the same thing. This isn't that complicated... It's not like your gonna find a synth labeled the dub stab synth. Quit being a box and Asking on his forum and do it.
:lol: i know this.. i have been listening to alot of records from the 90's and obviously alot of the artists were using similar equipment and methods to create these chords.
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

goomba wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Figure out it takes to make a dub stab in the computer. Buy the synthe and effects that do the same thing. This isn't that complicated... It's not like your gonna find a synth labeled the dub stab synth. Quit being a box and Asking on his forum and do it.
:lol: i know this.. i have been listening to alot of records from the 90's and obviously alot of the artists were using similar equipment and methods to create these chords.
Yup a synthesizer or machine that plays a chord... and a space echo or other delay.

My point is... it doesn't matter what it is... there isn't a definition for this like a 909 drum machine or 808. There are endless ways you could do this. you could even use a digital synth!

you could prototype your idea in the computer and then go buy the real gear. Do you have access to a keyboard/music shop? put together a package of stuff and experiment there with it.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest