Cat #: THEMA 8.6 D
Format: 320MP3, WAV

Track Samples:
1. Remember The Future
2. My House is a Cabana [ft. Dandy Jack]
3. My House is a Cabana [Argenis Brito's "Kripi" Remix]
4. Who's Afraid of Bob
5. Who's Afraid of Bob [Quenum's "Late Night" Remix]

Life is full of important lessons. One we were reminded of very recently: what appears on paper rarely tells the full story. Our latest addition to the Thema ranks Lad Agabekov has the shortest resume we’ve ever seen, with one track release to his moniker. Upon deeper exploration we found this young Swiss producer to be holding a few aces up his sleeve and keeping some very fine—nay enviable company indeed. Those who would venture with us beyond his sole offering on stalwart future music imprint Num will discover some finely crafted, inventive deep techno. So, once again, Thema 8 presents another brilliant debut EP from a smart, ballsy musician with anything but the middle of the road in his sites.

Lad asks us to “Remember The Future” before tearing the hermetic seal on his own personal sound vault. The rumbling transmissions segue into “My House Is A Cabanne”, his richly monochromatic collaboration with Martin Schopf—that’s right, the one and only Dandy Jack—whom we are honored to have on board. This one truly kicks off the EP proper with Herr Schopf lending his notoriously impeccable artisanship to Lad’s expanding atmospheres. The always reliable Argenis Brito—not to be outdone (ever)—puts his two cents in with his bristling “Kripi remix” that sucks the vaporous insides out of the original to rebuild it as a lean jacker from polished gleaming shards of sound.
Our guide follows it up with “Who’s Afraid of Bob?”. We can’t answer that question, but this one could certainly inspire fear under the right circumstances. Mostly what you’ll find, though, is a beautifully realized improvisational track that owes as much to Herbie Hancock as it does to any semi-famous Chileans that may come to mind. As a special send-off, Phil Quenum returns to the Thema stable. And a welcome return it is: he closes out this fine EP with a melodic “Late Night remix” of “Bob” that playfully shifts the original’s focus outward towards the dancefloor, densely weaving some of his advanced intelligence into the mix for what we can only describe as a physiologically irresistible groove.

Cheers,
Thema Crew

Worldwide Distribution: www.Complete-usa.com
Official website: www.neoday.net
Discog: http://www.discogs.com/label/Thema
Last edited by Posso on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

LOVE all the tracks.. simply what I needed at this end 2009 !!!

But Quenum's one is my favourit :shock:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

When is the vinyl coming out Lenny? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Posso »

patrick bateman wrote:When is the vinyl coming out Lenny? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, Im debating on this one. Probably a limited run if anything with 2 of the tracks, one of them being the Quenum remix. That track makes peoples head pop off when played at the right time. ;)

:)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I like that you don't give a fck and post your digital releases in the vinyl section :o)
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

Posso wrote:one of them being the Quenum remix. That track makes peoples head pop off when played at the right time. ;)

:)
Yeesssss :P
Posso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Posso »

patrick bateman wrote:I like that you don't give a fck and post your digital releases in the vinyl section :o)
No shame buddy ;) but it does say from vinyl to digital... so its a lil vague, though i think this one might see itself on some black gold at some point. ;)
Working on that!
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Posso wrote:one might see itself on some black gold at some point. ;)
Working on that!
give us some black dope :)