Online Record shops

- open
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Online Record shops

Post by gillsans »

Where do you buy your records online?

I live in Canada and I want a place that is perferably in the US or Canada that sells good music. Ive tried Satellite, Juno, Kompakt and Forced Exposure. They all have their pros and cons and would like to know your thoughts on a good one.

Thanks!
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

while surfing i found this which seemed rather interesting
momo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by momo »

due to the fact that there aren't any record shop here in macedonia (the ones that have existed all closed down, plus they never brought any minimal records :(, as the minimal scene in macedonia is pretty much underground and hasn't got a lot of supporters), the only way for me is to buy records on the internet. it's very hard finding good record stores in this region due to the fact that we are non eu countries and the standard here is pretty low. it's also a problem because not much online record shops are shipping to my country, so i guess it's a very bad situation :(.

so far i have been buying mostly from juno, kompakt, smallfish, decks.de and some other smaller online shops. as gillsans said everybody has it's pros and cons. in my experience, juno are very good and do their job very professionally however the relation with them (especially when something is wrong with the order) is strictly high profile, and the procedures last too long which can be very lame. on the other hand kompakt imo are very friendly oriented and even though they are not as expeditive as juno, the guys there are simply great and the relation they have with the customers is very warm and friendly (cheers guys :))!

i still buy most of the records from juno and kompakt. 8)
.:macedonian mnml underground:.
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

Luckily(?) I live in the UK so gte most of mine from juno... and if I can't find it there tend to head for kompakt...

a friend of mine has been using boomkat quite a bit recently, so you may want to check them... and smallfish and phonica are 2 shops in london which have a pretty good minimal selection and online purchasing...
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Thanks for the info - Any others?

How about you Canadians or Americans?
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

used to use www.decks.de A LOT! but now almost the whole fuckin Netherlands is buying there so they play a lot of the same stuff, wich isn't really my thing....
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

decks.de is awesomely cheap. If I buy records there it costs me about as much as buying them in the Netherlands, and that includes shipping. But this could also mean that vinyl is too expensive in the Netherlands :?
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

all labels and people looking for music should just get on beatport. case closed ;)