What to start with??

- open
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

What to start with??

Post by Vito »

I have eventually saved up a couple of thousand pounds, and have always wanted to learn how to mix( i already have a reasonably large collection of music, digital files )
The original thought was that i was going to buy a dj package like cdj400 djm 400 and have a little change in my pocket, but now i am thinking about vinyl and tecnics just because all my favourite djs play vinyl and i have alot of respect for this kind of dj, what do ppl think would be easier to learn on and should i stay old school with vinyl or move into the digital dj world??

This is never going to be me taking myself seriously by the way i just want it as a hobby, a bedroom dj... :)
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

vinyl is of course much more fun.. and if you learn how to spin vinyl it will be a piece of cake to learn to play on other systems later..

but you'll prolly get 100 different answers here...
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

thomasjaldemark wrote:vinyl is of course much more fun.. and if you learn how to spin vinyl it will be a piece of cake to learn to play on other systems later..

but you'll prolly get 100 different answers here...
Everything is now probably moving to a digital age.. but I think starting the old fashioned way , you get much more knowledge and it's fun also..
Maybe hard in the beginning but as Thomas said.. you won't have any problems to play other systems!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

I don't like cdjs...

Also you already have a collection of music digitally so you wouldn't be able to use that if getting vinyl...

The laptop option is 1 you could explore serato or traktor. I use serato & have used traktor both are good you can buy vinyl if you want & still play your digital tracks
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

play vinyl first... It's more fun, it's harder to learn and you'll only use your ears, not some cd tricks. afterwards you can always buy cd players.

But take your time, it takes years and years to become really good!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What to start with??

Post by patrick bateman »

Guys, come on. Did you skip this part of his text?
This is never going to be me taking myself seriously by the way i just want it as a hobby, a bedroom dj... :)
CDJ's are easy to mix with, works like a charm and so on and so on. You have a digital collection already.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

turntables look better than cdplayers in the bedroom ;)