(geek news) max for live

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

(geek news) max for live

Post by oblioblioblio »

they've started giving out serial numbers to people on the beta application list (randomly from the looks of things).

not sure whether you need licenses for both to access, maybe a prerequisite but i'm not 100% sure.

from what I've seen. it's extremely interesting and seems very well put together. there are a few obstacles that I hadn't expected but there's usually a way around these things.

I think one of the big things will be opening up max to a much wider audience, could be a good and bad thing.

And of course, making the experience of using max a lot easier generally. One of the big things with Max is needing to have a whole new system just to host a few interesting ideas that you couldn't do with other stuff. Not so much any more I wouldn't think.

Apparantly the Pluggo patches are being ported, and also the Vlad Spears stuff. That's exciting news to me.

So yeah, haven't got into it too much but definitely exciting stuff.
Last edited by oblioblioblio on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

very excited... when?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

my guess is as good as yours. the program seems pretty complete and stable so far though. not loads more or less than a month i wouldn't have thought.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

i know nothing about max... can someone explain to me why this is an interesting/good thing? what new things will this enable me to do?
Priori
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Priori »

This is great! I've been using ableton coupled with supercollider code that I've been writing and got some amazing results - but everything takes so long to do and is really fiddly + you can only really commuicate with ableton via midi.

I rekon there's going to be a whole lot of great new sounds come out soon after this is released. Also new possibilities for live performance!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Priori wrote:I rekon there's going to be a whole lot of great new sounds come out soon after this is released. Also new possibilities for live performance!
why?
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

i'm betatesting itm. Stable, fullworking so far. To access the Live api....whhoooa. diggininto max th e next weeks (years....) is greatttt!
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
daveashe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daveashe »

This will change everything,.. hopefully stability will be retained!