Idlemode | cuz ( NEW TRACK )

- music
idlemode
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Idlemode | cuz ( NEW TRACK )

Post by idlemode »

Hey people. would you like to be the first to give me feedback on this tune? any tips would be sweet thanks!

Is meant to be Dub Techno / Minimal

http://soundcloud.com/idlemode/cuz
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

Nice track.

I thought of a few things. First of all and most importanly this track lacks bass. I played it pretty loud and my subb didn't work hardly at all.

Then theres two things that are more questions of taste. I would try to work the offbeat conga (which btw is a really nice element to the track) a bit better into the mix, it kind of stands out a bit now. Also maybe bring upp some of the background pads/noises a bit in the mix just to fill out the track a bit.
korgborglar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by korgborglar »

i enjoyed this track, a nice simple dubalub groove.

Going off of what jonas said about bass, i think a little sine bassline could help a lot, both to add some subbass, and to offset the power of the kick. I'm imaging a line that's got a few eigth notes together for part of a bar, then a 3 bar pause, then repeat...

But yeah man, I can't argue with those synth pads and echoes bubbling up. Nice one
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

JonasEdenbrandt wrote: First of all and most importanly this track lacks bass.
+1
idlemode
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by idlemode »

hey all thanks muchly for all the feedback. you guys are totally right about the bass. There was a bassline to begin with, but i must of switched the volume down along the way

@korgborglar - i'll see what i can do with the sine bass you sugessted.
@JonasEdenbrandt - i'll try your suggestion's. i do see what you mean

thanks for checkin it out. this was excellent feedback.
zongo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zongo »

I didn't listen to the 1st version but the one currently online is quite nice. Maybe you could stretch it a bit more though, it could run at least for 2 more minutes without being boring.
idlemode
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by idlemode »

zongo wrote:I didn't listen to the 1st version but the one currently online is quite nice. Maybe you could stretch it a bit more though, it could run at least for 2 more minutes without being boring.
hey zongo, yeah i tried to incorporate all the feedback given above last night, and i re-oploaded updated version. i made about 5 differnet basslines and couldnt decide which to use.
i'm still really never sure what to do about structure. so thanks for this! i'll see if can make new variation on the beat and add bit more length :)
zongo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zongo »

If you're unsure about the bassline or you just can't decide which one to choose, then you should work on a few alternate versions and release all the good ones. This is common practice in dub music ;)