DJ Names

- open
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

DJ Names

Post by Rich »

Ok, something that always interested me - DJ Names. What and why?? I mean, some are pretty obvious. Richie Hawtin Djs as Richie hawtin because... that is his name! He he... But, for example, why do people use names such as Kiwi or Ganik?? Where do they come from, do they mean anything etc???

Another thing, I´ve noticed that there are some people who even dj or produce under different names, but normal names. Ok, so David bowie used to record as Ziggy Stardust, but that is not a normal name!! I´m talking about people like, for example, Roebin de Freitas, who is really called Sam. Why dj under a different name? If you´re not inventing a wild and wonderful name, just a normal name like any guy in the street, then why change your name??

Thoughts and responses please!
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

i use daedum because "john" is rather boring. i like to hide behind my moniker too. Yes i dont understand when people change their name to something very ordinary like Sam Johnson or something like that.
---> My album is out now on Beatport and iTunes. <---
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I like the name Daedum. It´s got a kind of Latin mythology feel to it. Interesting! Moreso than "John" anyway!

I know that Harm on this board used to dj under a different name (Was it Spilly or something??) and he now just plays under his own name. Just wondered what people thought about all this.
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

Obvious that the most popular DJ's have their own name as their DJ-name...
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

the real question should be...

who cares?
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

well its pretty safe that i have the most interesting story. accdntly which means accidentally which means accidentally gay andrew. see i once had accidental gay sex. yes that right accidental gay sex. for most of my late teens and very early 20s i was what you would call "very bi-curious" and i blame most of that on 3 older sisters and a scorfull relationship with my sh!t-bag father who i havent spoken to in years :) i never actually had full on sex with a guy but once my wee wee ended up inside of a man but. ok ill leave it at that. told you mine is the most interesting ha ha. currently im very heterosexual. im very much into female. dont like dck, not one bit. love a womans soft cheek or long hair, not penis and body hair. once i told sean (someoneelse) he started introducing me as accidentally gay andrew and the name stuck. i blame sean. there thats it im done. bye.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

accdntly wrote:im very much into female. dont like dck, not one bit. love a womans soft cheek or long hair, not penis and body hair.
....times like these I wish I had a work and that my boss would check out what I was surfing all days...
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

fredrikburok wrote:
accdntly wrote:im very much into female. dont like dck, not one bit. love a womans soft cheek or long hair, not penis and body hair.
....times like these I wish I had a work and that my boss would check out what I was surfing all days...
:lol: