Early 90s UK Rave documentary

- open
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Early 90s UK Rave documentary

Post by luke78 »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0402779629

This is quite a funny and interesting documentary - I can actually remember watching this while doing my homework many years ago and thinking all electronic music was terrible and people who danced at raves must need their head examined:)

EQUINOX examines the rave experience from the technological point of view; the music, the lighting, the new video technology and the neuroscience of ecstasy, the drug that is an integral part of the rave scene. A technological view of the rave scene. Looks at American research on the longterm effects of ecstasy (MDMA) on the brain neurotransmitter serotonin. Dr Charles Grob of UCLA studies its use in therapy. Alexander Shulgin, the `father of ecstasy' creates psychoactive drugs in his garden-shed lab. Charts the evolution of rave and its technology. Moves from 3000 teenagers in an aircraft hangar in Kent, via an Orbital show in Amsterdam to 1000 techno-hippies in the Nevada desert. Examines the science and technology of the rave experience, considering the effects of the music, the lighting, new video technology and the neuroscience of the drug ecstasy. Features Dr. Charles Grob of UCLA, Alexander Shulgin, a pharmacologist, and ambient techno musicians the Future Sound of London
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

watched the start and it looks interesting enough, pc is acting up though so will try and watch it some other time.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

is that Kevin Spacey getting drugged? :lol:
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Haha Dr. Shulgin is ace!
That kevin spacey look-alike is freaky! "Give politicians a few tips!!"

Gotta finish watching this at some point, cool find. :lol:
Gerhart
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Early 90s UK Rave documentary

Post by Gerhart »

luke78 wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0402779629

This is quite a funny and interesting documentary - I can actually remember watching this while doing my homework many years ago and thinking all electronic music was terrible and people who danced at raves must need their head examined:)
10 years ago I would have said the same
Now i love this sh!t
sweet irony

thx for the freaky video!